Ruger Single Six value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Sorry, I'm not up on the NM prices. As always, maybe check completed auctions on Gun Broker, etc.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Don't get confused because there are a few OM SSs with the 45/8 barrels that are pricey. The NMs not so much. although they are not made in the quantities as then other barrel lengths. 9 1/2"'are also not so common. Have you got the Bisley model or standard grip frame. Depending on area, prices will vary. Look for $500 plus. Good luck on your sale.

I bought one about 4 years ago and left it NIB on the safe shelf. I bought it hoping to use it as trade bait for a star model. I figured out that the guys that had them, the star didn't make a difference to them. They just liked the short barrel. I was hoping the lure of 2 cylinders and being brand new would lure them into a straight trade. I believe I paid around $400-$450 for it.

Fast forward to early spring of 2021. A guy on a local forum was looking for one. I had already acquired 2 of the star models without needing to trade. So I hit the guy up that was looking. I tossed out $530, and he wanted it. Of course a couple of days after the deal was done, I did my research and figured out I probably should have been closer to $600 asking and come off a bit if needed.

In June he posted it for sale with upgraded sights, grips and trigger job. Asking $575. I hit him with $550 and he was not that desperate to sell, saying he had put over $100 into it. Funny thing is I noticed him on the local forum just yesterday, so asked if he had sold it. He said he had come to his senses when he found out how difficult if was to even find one for comparison pricing. Said he was sure glad he had come up with cash for what he was looking for at the time, and that now it will never leave his hands.

My advice---Start at $625 and come down if you need to. Lots of guys never take into account that buying from auction sites also will ad shipping and in some states another $25 on up for the transfer and BG check.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I bought my 2015 model as described used but unfired in 2017 and paid $450 for it. Thought I did well then but looks even better now.

Am I right to assume the star model is the convertible to 22 mag?
When I see them at good prices I want them! Asking prices vary a lot and I only look for the convertible ones.
My first cartridge pistol was a NM convertible 6 1/2". I really shot it a lot and it shot really well with the cheapest .22 LR I could find on sale somewhere most weekends. I shot very few 22 mag in in, but I like the idea I could buy a 22 mag rifle and have commonality of ammo.
Any comments on the aftermarket NM Single-Six 8-shot cylinders for 22LR?