Ruger Single Six Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hunter58

Bearcat
Anyone have a good idea of market value for model KNR-717HX 17HMR/17M2. Each cylinder has had around 50 rounds fired.

Dan in MI

Staff member
The best way to get current value is to use GunBroker.

Advanced search
Completed items
Run your search
Sort by bids high to low.
Take an average of those items that match yours
DO NOT include any with zero bids.

The .17 Hunter Convertible would certainly bring over $1,500, if it were unfired. Maybe closer to $2K, in today's world. Last I saw went for $1,700+.

Light use as described would lessen the collector interest a bit, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. I'd love one to hunt with, so IF I had that kind of money to spend on it, I wouldn't hesitate. However… WAY too rich for my blood!

So few pass thru GunBroker 5hat I can't even find a .17 Hunter Convertible in the "Completed Items" right now, for comparison...

Fish around here, I think there should be a little bit more info. I remember at least one being sold here in recent years, and others sold elsewhere were also referenced.

contender

Ruger Guru
They are rarer guns. From what I've learned,, somewhere around 250 or so,, were built. Not common.
Prices are hard to put on such items,, due to the timing of a sale,, vs the current market etc.
And if in an auction,, all it takes is for (2) people to really want it to drive the prices up.
Or, if nobody sees it or wants it,, it can go cheaply.
The ones I've seen sell on an open market have been in the $1200 range,, and it's been a while since then.

Latest posts