Ruger service came through

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JStacy

Single-Sixer
I bought a new GP100 MC in 10MM and have not been able to shoot it for a while due to health problems. In getting ready for some 10MM load development, cast bullets, I took the grip off as part of new gun cleaning routine. The grip was extremely difficult to get off the gun but I finally got it off and blew out the internals with gun scrubber to remove any packing oil. I then oiled the internals with synthetic gun oil and attempted to get the grip back on. The fit was extraordinarily tight and I could not get it to come up the last 1/2" to seat properly. I installed the grip screw and tightened it down to pull the grip up to flush. . Approximately 1/4" before the grip seated I heard and audible "pop" and after inspecting the grip I found two vertical cracks in the grips. I contacted Ruger CSR and she requested a photo of the cracks so I sent one in. After a few days Casey e-mailed me that the grips would be replaced and I could do what I wanted to with the old grips.
Well today , about 1 month later, I received the replacement grips and they are good looking heavily figured walnut grips. Ruger service did come through for me and I am thankful !

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, another story of good quality customer service from Ruger!

beginner

Bearcat
Ruger has always treated me right have sent several 44-40s back to have cylinder throats opened up and the last one they reblued the cylinder as well.