Ruger selling SR-556 gas-piston upper receivers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Base Mid Length Gas Piston Upper Assembly 5.56x45mm NATO 1 in 7" Twist 16" Barrel Chrome Lined Chrome Moly Matte with M4 Handguard, Flash Hider Pre-Ban $599.00 MIDWAY

Battlesight_set_micro_doa1_220.jpg

TROY $199.00 Micro Battlesights
Troy-BattleRail-Drop-In-Mid-Length1_220.jpg

TROY 159.00 Mid-length Drop-in Quad Battlerail

Magpul .233 PMAG 30 RD Magazine No Window - Black
3 Mags $36.00

COST=$993.00 (Does NOT include shipping/handling charges or any taxes that may be applied.)

If you can get the Ruger for $1100.00 then they are not too far off on the price. The Adams Arms upper with a quad rail similar to the Ruger/Troy is $350.00 more.
These prices could be lower if you do complete "net searches, I am sure but Ruger prices aren't as high as some might think. Of course, if you aren't buying something that is equivalent (gas piston, quad rail, etc.) then it would be less. Setups like Ruger is offering ARE NOT cheap, no matter how you put them together.
If you think Ruger is too high then don't buy the upper and your problem is solved. :wink:

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Jeff Quinn said:
I did some digging, and found out that no one is required to buy one of these. The press release was just to announce that Ruger is offering these for sale to those who WANT one.

I noticed that, too ! :lol:

I'd certainly take a look at the mechanics of this so called '2 stage gas piston'. I'm a fan of Adams Arms piston systems/conversions and use them on most of my suppressor host AR's. I have not however gone so far as to go through the experimentation required to get the AA to work with 6.8 since our suppressed 6.8 usage is low volume.