RUGER SECURITY SIX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I found this 4 inch blued 150 series revolver at a local shop. Honest wear, looks like holster wear. 150-16XXX looks like a first year production gun.
DJFWMEh.jpg

By the serial number that would be a 1972 vintage model (actually 3rd year of production) Looks to be in pretty good condition. If the price was right I hope you bought it, you'll (and you heirs) will get a lot more years of shooting and enjoying it.

Still crying because I lost out on a beautiful 4" SS Security 6 for $530 this weekend! Had to deal with clients and it was sold by the time I got free.
Anyone feel bad enough to send me a free gun to take my mind off of that experience? :)

27 Man

Bearcat
Years ago, I had a little time to kill before time for an appointment. A pawn shop was nearby. No better place to kill time. The shop had a new model Single 6 with the 9 1/2" barrel. Box and extra cylinder included. He also had a 4" stainless Security Six. Both guns appeared to have been fired very little. While trying to decide which one to buy, the proprietor said it was the end of the month and he was having cash flow problems because of the number of loans he had out. Got a deal on both of them.

gunman42782

Hunter
I went into a gun store yesterday and they had a nice Security Six. $900! They had a brand new GP100 right beside it for $800. Now I love the Six series guns, but I can't imagine in what world I would pay a hundred bucks more for a used Security Six than I would for a brand new GP100!

loiblb

Single-Sixer
I have the Security Six for 20 years and love the way my targets look after shooting it.

I went into a gun store yesterday and they had a nice Security Six. $900! They had a brand new GP100 right beside it for $800. Now I love the Six series guns, but I can't imagine in what world I would pay a hundred bucks more for a used Security Six than I would for a brand new GP100!
I recently sold a real clean 6" blued Security Six for $850 shipped. I was looking to trade it into the same in stainless. Mind you I was looking for trade only. Buyer contacted me and wanted it bad enough so asked for cash price. Balked at my price but he really wanted it. Shortly after I was finally able to find the 6" stainless I was seeking---got it for $700 delivered and tickled to have it join the family.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I recently sold a real clean 6" blued Security Six for $850 shipped. I was looking to trade it into the same in stainless. Mind you I was looking for trade only. Buyer contacted me and wanted it bad enough so asked for cash price. Balked at my price but he really wanted it. Shortly after I was finally able to find the 6" stainless I was seeking---got it for $700 delivered and tickled to have it join the family.

I have two of the three you posted. No 2 3/4" SS yet and maybe never, they are pretty rare in south Texas

Snake Pleskin

Banned

Some of the best revolvers ever made.IMHO

LaneP

Single-Sixer
The 2-3/4" Security Six was my first .357 in 1982. I bought a 6" version from a work friend in 2005 for $250 and its serial number puts it being made that same year.

This is a fast shooting revolver. I get higher velocity from it than I do my 7" bbl 686.

AM-JKLWISM5LLfQM1Au9upn1BLQJ9y_GV-Aqj7raiCSvQtBndu4a2sVU5LhSY2aTwfcX1qJKH_JYWCacSXLZvHox8oVZTehQvqrzKYEnbzagTJU4iQg78U_36SNsF3btGo_uTKkk0wNDSkf6weRsKao2f1zQmw=w1325-h883-no

rman

Bearcat

Wow! That's a great trio. I really liked the Six series and could never figure out why they discontinued them. I've never owned a GP100.