Ruger Security Six with Fixed Sites

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
I rarely post on here anymore, as I let go of my Ruger Collection ~15 years ago.
Only kept two...my first old Bearcat, still in box with papers, as well as an early first year Mini 14.
However, my Ruger Blood is still in me, as I recently started looking for something a bit different than the Old Model Flattops I collected.
So I bought this Security Six, which arrived today.
A bit of a strange one, as it has fixed rear sights. I did some checking and learned that some of the early ones were made this way, but soon renamed the Service Six...
The serial # on mine is 150-627xx which puts it at a late 1973.
The 1974's start at 64961.
Any idea of the last known serial numbers of these odd ones ??
Thanks for any info,
Cheers,
HD
413187702.jpg

413187703.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
There is about a 30,000 ser. no. overlap of lowbacks and highbacks in the adjustable sight Security Sixs, from about 150-95000 to about 151-23000. We're still a little vague on the exact Ser. no. of the first highback and the last lowback.
However, the cut over for the fixed sight may be a little more precise. We have not found any highback fixed sight labeled "Security Six". Again, seems to happen around 150-95000.
We've found no low back, fixed sight, STAINLESS guns. We do have stainless low back adj. sight guns.
If this sounds confusing, it is. :shock:
Terry T