Ruger Security Six, is this revolver OK?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveag.

Single-Sixer
The only question is, how does it group? I bought a NIB Ruger rifle from a gun dealer several years ago. Scrubbed, brushed, oiled the bore for hours. Still rusty. Tried to return to dealer. They refused. Said I could have used it in a crime. This rifle is a 77/50. Simply wasn't cleaned after testing in Ruger's factory. I went to Walmart and bought a 700 ML. This bore was glass smooth. The Ruger out shot it! It grouped tightly, while Remington was bad. Sold the 700. I tagged many deer with the rusty 77/50.

hittman

Staff member
I doubt it Terry ~ OP is in Europe ….. wouldn't have a clue how to get that gun to Illinois or what it'd cost.
:ROFLMAO:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
hittman,
My bad!!
I was referring to this low back SS revolver not the German gun. Some how I posted in Onty's post instead of the correct one.
Baxter 6551 is the poster on the 2 barreled low back who seen the gun at his buddy's shop and is who I sent the PM's to. I have all his PM's if anyone needs to see them.
Plain and simple I screwed up in my posting . Sorry for any confusion I caused.
Terry

Terry,
I talked to Baxter 6551 and the gun had been sold (the gun was not his). That said, WMG (Bob) and I pretty much decided that that particular gun was probably a 4" model at birth and someone put on a 6" stainless barrel since so far only 2 6" stainless low backs have been found so far.