Ruger RPR (enhanced gen 2) and attaching magnetospeed sport

Help Support Ruger Forum:

done111

Bearcat
I am trying to attach a magnetospeed sporter to a Ruger Precision Rifle enhanced which has the factory muzzle brake. It appears the barrel is a heavier taper than my other guns and the bayonet is obviously not in line with a cleaning rod i got hanging out of the barrel bore. The bayonet will get hit by a bullet no matter what insert I use. I have just put in an order for some tapered inserts for the magnetospeed. I am concerned that this may not work. Right now i can adjust the thickness of the included shims to get the bayonet closer/further from the bullet path. These new tapered shims I'm buying may not be the right thickness. Hopefully they will be the right taper though.

Has anyone used a magneto speed sporter with a Ruger with a muzzle brake installed? The muzzle brake forces you further out the barrel which makes the bayonet intersect the bullet path (though it is way to angled from the bullet path).

Any words of wisdom and/or real world experience with this situation is appreciated.

Don

Chief 101

Hunter
I have successfully use one on a 300wm bolt gun...I did put some heavy-duty tape on the 'U' section of the bayonet to protect it from the blast, not sure it helped but it worked just fine. I doesn't have to be in perfect alignment with the bore, just don't want to perforate it. goodluck with this...

goldeneagle1976

Bearcat
I mounted my Magnetospeed Sport to my RPR enhanced with no problems. Just with the thicker shim that came with it. Worked perfectly fine for me. Caught 40 rounds without a hitch.