Ruger Rimfire Competition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anyone attended one of these? There is finally one in my area next month. It is in Rockford IL, and I have signed up for it. Will be using my 10/22 Take Down, and 50th Anniversary MKII. Both have a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight on them. Looking forward to see how bad I can do :mrgreen:

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
Participated in one at the Sig academy in NH a couple of years ago, about 200+ shooters. The Sig academy is an awesome facility and the shooters, RSO's, Range scorer's and helpers were all a great group. I was doing OK until I boinked my red dot and thru the sight out of whack, ended up in the top 60% (barely :oops: ) It was a great time by all.

Where is it in Rockford? I used to shoot at the Tri-County Gun Club near Polo and Dixon. Not really too far from Rockford. They used to have .22 matches from time to time. I have to say I never went to a match though.

Not related though but if you are looking for a nice gun club check it out. It's on 40 acres and you have a key to come and go as you like.

Kevin,
It's at the Pine Tree Pistol Club. I live about 2 hours south of there, and belong to a range similar to the one you mentioned. It's only $35 a year with very few restrictions. Plus I can also go to my deer timber and shoot.

Really looking forward to it. At the end of the event they are raffling off three 10/22's and one MK III. I believe there is a senior catagory as well, but its for 62 and older, but being only 60 I guess I dont qualify :shock:

When I was home last time I tried a couple different 10/22's with scopes, but the TD with the red dot was much faster. I put out some paper plates at various distances out to 20 yards, and some spinner targets at 20 yards and went through a few drills.

While practicing with my MK II, it locked up. The B-Square mount had slid forward on me. I slid it back and realized my problem. The rear screw has two holes that can be used. I moved the screw to the forward of these, and it butted up against the back of the rear sight. Problem fixed.

I'll have to wear a Ruger shirt, hat, bandana, bracelet, etc. Yeah, I can brown nose with the best of em.