Ruger Revolvers and Red Dot Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigJohn

Bearcat
New to the forum and and somewhat new to revolvers. I plan to purchase a Ruger 357 revolver, or larger. My question is this: Have any of you placed a red dot sight on one of these larger revolvers, and if so, is there anyway to keep from "modifying" the revolver itself? I dont really want to drill and tap. Hoping for some kind of mini mount. I am planning to use my Vortex Venom sight. Thanks for advice!

gman45

Bearcat
I have a Ultradot L/T mounted to a Weigand mini mount on my Ruger SBH 357 Maximum. No drill no tap. So far so good.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
I have the vortex venom on my Ruger super redhawk 44mag, and the viper on my gp100, both have weigand no drill mounts and work flawlessly

BigJohn

Bearcat
Thank you Bearcat. It sure helps to hear from the tried and true. I love the venom and I am glad to know it can be mounted like that.

MaxP

Buckeye
gman45 said:
I have a Ultradot L/T mounted to a Weigand mini mount on my Ruger SBH 357 Maximum. No drill no tap. So far so good.

This is my suggestion as well. Here is a picture of that same setup.

IMG_6248.jpg

BigJohn

Bearcat
Thanks Contender, MaxP, dtrayers and pleadthe2nd...sure appreciate everyone's posts in helping me out. This is a great forum and I'm glad I located all of you. Thanks again.