Ruger revolver price increase.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was in a large gun store last week. They have probably sixty feet of glass display cases, all containing nothing but new black semi-auto pistols, literally hundreds of them, all makes and models and chamberings. Over in the back corner they have a single short display case holding all the revolvers, probably a couple dozen. That's it. The used gun display is all the same . . . semis, not a single revolver. :confused:
Semi auto pistols are fine everyone needs some! Thing is when I want to shoot with friend and have fun
my wheel guns come out. Couple guys I shoot with love them pistols funny thing tho they all want to shoot my
wheel guns! Maybe I should charge them! ps

wproct

Single-Sixer
I looked a few weeks ago at the local Bass Pro Shop and all they had in Ruger revolvers was the Wrangler. I inquired about it and they said that they can't order stock at the store that they only get what is sent to them, and that is the Wrangler.

I stay away from Bass pro Shops and Cabelas I like the small gun stores where the owner
knows your name and remembers you as a good customer! Rileys was a great gun store
ole Bill retired tho. Now I trade at the Old Town Trading post. Gotta break them in! lol ps

I just took delivery of a NITB GP100 Standard Stainless (6 shot) 3" .357 mag. An Iowa-based vendor (BattleHawk Armory) charged me $730 plus $30 shipping for an internet transaction. My Texas FFL charged me a $50 transfer/processing fee. So, I am all in at $810. The $730 was about the lowest offered price I could find, so I am happy.

My research showed that BattleHawk Armory didn't have a lengthy history of operations, so I felt a bit "exposed." But they delivered smartly.

Although I'm not in the market, I noticed they were offering several new1911s (5" 45 cap. Ronins and Garrisons). Their prices for those in-stock units - for Springers and Kimbers - were very reasonable compared to others.

YMMV.

The Lizzard

IKE

Single-Sixer
Went in a local store Tues. and he had a new stainless 4" .357 GP-100 under the glass marked $799.99+ tax and he said that he had two more in the back room.......that's the first time that I've seen a centerfire Ruger available in around two years.

NikA

Buckeye
Worth noting that $800 for a new GP-100 is about $100-150 more than would have been expected at local dealers before this mess and probably $200+ over online pricing in the same time period.

Prices have gone up. Some people are still will to pay them, many with context for previous pricing are not.

Jhawk@1261

Bearcat
Just a little blast from the past. In the late 60's I bought a Blackawk 6.5 inch 3 screw .357 for $95 that included a Hunter holster and belt. ( last gun I'll sell )

hdrk1111

Bearcat
I bought my newest single six in 1980. It was 159.00 brand new at the stockade in orange California. I can't believe it when I see used ones going for 4 to 600 dollars. Bought my blackhawk .45colt/ 45acp in 2018 for 500.00 and some change . its Crazy now .

t-reg

Single-Sixer
There's big popularity and profit in the plastic fantastics that people are gobbling up these days.
If manufacturing and marketing attention is to be paid to revolvers it will only be at a significant profit.

hittman

Staff member
There's big popularity and profit in the plastic fantastics that people are gobbling up these days.
And lucky for the manufacturers, a lot of consumers do NOT seem to be very discriminating.

There's a lot of excellent quality semi-auto and/or polymer guns around, but there are far more in the $250 - $350 range that are flat out turds. I used to believe a 100 to 500 round break in period was needed. Then the stark realization hit that you do get what you pay for.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Just a little blast from the past. In the late 60's I bought a Blackawk 6.5 inch 3 screw .357 for $95 that included a Hunter holster and belt. ( last gun I'll sell )

An Old Model .45 Colt Blackhawk was $96 in the summer of 1973. That was retail at the time. Wish I still had that one. :(

Moparfreak

Bearcat
I was in a large gun store last week. They have probably sixty feet of glass display cases, all containing nothing but new black semi-auto pistols, literally hundreds of them, all makes and models and chamberings. Over in the back corner they have a single short display case holding all the revolvers, probably a couple dozen. That's it. The used gun display is all the same . . . semis, not a single revolver. :confused:
I've seen that as well... I like revolvers, virtually no firing issues. Pull trigger, BANG!

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Yeah those Ruger Blackhawks used to be a good deal on the used gun market even 15-20 years back. Strong gun for sure.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Kinda the same across all manufacturing. Resource costs have risen, operational costs have risen. That doesn't simply get absorbed by the company.
Now with that...people get upset with what they want to BUY has a price increase but do the same people think when they're selling? "oh gee, I don't think these are worth that much, I won't buy one. I can sell what I have for more now though, it's worth more now" ;)

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I am wondering if Ruger will ever produce revolvers in any significant numbers ever again ?

When a time comes the market for the other models decreses enough to make it wrthwhile to swicth production to the revolvers, yes. Smart business to use the resurces where they'll create the best return and for what the maket is supporting best. Right now, that's not revolvers.