ruger redhawk grip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

hello

i am thinking about buying a ruger redhawk

and the only thing holding me back is the hideous grip shape

i have been looking for a replacement grip that makes the guns grip look like most other modern revolvers

i have found these grips on hogue's website

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?mai ... =27_66_433

as you can see the pictures of the grips on the redhawk are rounded at the bottom

unlike the shape of the redhawks defualt grips

my question is this

has there been some sort of error on the hogue website

or will those rounded "regular appearing" grips work on the redhawk

thank you

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
The grips you are seeing should work. Most hogues are wrap around grips hat extend bellow the frame and completly enclose it. Steve

countryboy

Single-Sixer
I got this grip from Hogue for my RH and really like it. It is Rosewood and it has custom fish scale checkering. This is a one piece grip that slides on to the grip frame from the bottom. It is very easy to install . It comes with a screw and a small bracket or stirrup . The bracket/stirrup attaches to the bottom of the frame. You then slide the grip on and the screw goes through the bottom of the grip and screws into the stirrup. Hope that makes sense.

29zoh2e.jpg

2znpt36.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the Forum.

Unless your hands are quite large, you may not like aftermarket Redhawk grips. I tried several grips and ended up using the factory wood along with a Tyler T-Grip.

8emem

Bearcat
For my 4" .45 colt, I purchased a set of the original rosewood Ruger Redhawk grips on ebay for $15. Much better fit for my hand and better control when shooting. Now it looks like a Redhawk, and the rubber grips that came with it were quickly retired...

wixedmords

Blackhawk
That is a very nice setup countryboy. Real handsome.

Grips preferences will likely come down to what fits your hand rugergrip. I'd go to a gun store and put my mitts on some guns until I found a grip I liked. I love Hogues, but grips are very personal and they need to fit "you" right.

If you like the look of the Hogues, you also may like the Badgers.

http://www.badgercustomgrips.com/

captainkirk

Blackhawk
hittman":3cdg4ifd said:
Welcome to the Forum.

Unless your hands are quite large, you may not like aftermarket Redhawk grips. I tried several grips and ended up using the factory wood along with a Tyler T-Grip.

That has been my experience exactly. I even sold one off years ago because I could not get grips to fit for me. I finally tried one with factory grips and the Tyler T and love it. Sorry, this was the only photo I had to hand.

captainkirk

44s32-1.jpg

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Welcome to the forum. I, too have run the gamit on grips for my redhawk. I did finally find what are the perfect grips for me. Hogue Bantam Grips. They dont even require any srew to attach them. Worth a look.
JMHO,
Tom

mraywi

Single-Sixer
I have Pachmayr Decelerators on both my Redhawk's. I love the Pach's.
I had Hogue's that were replaced by the Pach's.

Latest posts