Ruger Redhawk, 7 1/2" 44 Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

grl3348

Bearcat
I guess of all of my Rugers, the Redhawk stands out as one magnificent Handgun! This gun is quite accurate and commands respect as well as being fun to shoot! My Ruger American in 243 is the most accurate firearm I own and the SR22 and SR9C are great to carry!

I have a custom 5" Super Redhawk and a 9.5" Super Redhawk. they are great revolvers. I have UltraDot's on both.
I have 5 American rifles, and all are accurate. My 243 Predator is super accurate, shooting 5 (factory) shots under .5" at 100. My reloads with 58GR V-Max will also shoot under one half inch.

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
I used a S&W M29, 8 3/8" barreled revolver from 1977 until 2013. Shot tens of thousands of rounds through it. Parts were getting scarce so around 2014 I bought a 7.5" Redhawk .44. My Smith now resides in the safe, taken out occasionally, but the Redhawk is my go to gun. As accurate as any revolver I have ever owned, (meaning more accurate than I can ever shoot}, and is built like a tank. Now to find a 5.5" version!

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
I had a friend once ask me, several years ago, what sidearm I might recommend he carry as a backup on his Deer hunting and / or Hog hunting trips. I told him the Ruger Super Redhawk in stainless, with 7-1/2" barrel. At the time, he found a great deal, whereby he purchased it for $700.
He has never regretted that and always considered me to have made a great recommendation for him. Not long ago, I sent him information on what that Revolver sells for now, which made him feel even better about his original purchase price.

Y2K

Bearcat
Ruger magnum revolvers are beasts.

I collect S&W but I shoot Rugers.

jasper661

Bearcat
My first Redhawk was the 7.5" .44 magnum. Back then (80s), an option was the "express" sights, a brass bead front and "V" notch rear. One of my favorite loads was a 240 gr. SWC hollow point over 9 gr. of Unique. A pretty mild .44 mag. load. A past time of mine in the summer in Alaska was hunting marmots in the mountains. The Redhawk and the above load from a rest would reliably "anchor" a marmot at 100+ yards.