Ruger Redhawk 41 magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stmry

Single-Sixer
I have the opportunity to buy a 5 1/2 inch Redhawk 41 magnum. it looks brand new. Wood grips stainless steel. The elderly gentleman selling it wants $ 575. it looks like new, and i want it for der hunting. Is this a fair price or shoul i go with a 44 mag? Thanks

jforwel

Bearcat
Welcome to the forum.

Personally I like the 41 magnum cartridge. Whether you want a 41 or 44 is a personal choice but as far as price goes you might want to check gunbroker and look for similar guns and see what they are going for. Don't bother with the asking price but look at what people are willing to bid because some guns will never sell for the asking price.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
There's an identical one on GB right now with almost 23 hours left that's bid up to $620. And there's still time for it to go higher and then you add in shipping costs. The deal you've been offered seems like a fair price. Really nice gun.

The choice between 41 and 44 is a personal one, but you have a 41 for sale right there. As long as you reload, you'll be fine and there are a few factory loads, too. I love the 41; does everthing I need.

stmry

Single-Sixer
Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions. I do reload, so that makes the deal better. Thanks again.

VonFatman

Blackhawk
I'm a .41 fan too...I think it's worth the money but if you do, then it's a "no-brainer". Here's a great Whitetail load worked up using Lil Gun that makes my Contender and 657-4 sing!

210 gr. Sierra JHC
22 gr. Lil' Gun
Win (or Wolf) Large Pistol Primer
Mixed brass
OAL: 1.565
Feet per second:
10" Contender: 1,750 avg.
7.5" S&W 1,416 avg.
Scary accurate! Deer hunting load.

Bob