Ruger Red Label

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roc1

Bearcat
I recently came across a red Label shotgun 12ga that had 2 3/4 chambers? I read according to the book they only show 3" chambers? This gun does not have choke tubes either. I guess my question is with no choke tubes barrels are fixed choke and 2 3/4 chambers does all that not hurt the value quite a bit? I say this because of lack of versatility.
Thanks for input
roc1

reakin

Single-Sixer
Sounds like one of the older ones. Rugerguy needs to chime in on this. He's the old Red Label collector....

reakin

wwb

Hunter
For guns in comparable condition, the fixed-choke guns are typically $75 - $100 less than one with choke tubes.

The 2-3/4 inch chambers is a puzzler.... I was pretty certain the 12 gauges all had 3" chambers. The very first 20 gauges with the blued receivers rather than stainless.... maybe 2-3/4" ????

salem103

Bearcat
The earliest 12 bores were made with blued rec'rs, fixed chokes and 2.75" chambers...to me condition is much more important than the flexibility issue

roc1

Bearcat
According to Blue Book it is worth $700 . It knocks off %20 for fixed tubes. It is SS reciever about a %95 gun overall.
Thanks
roc1