Ruger Red Label Stainless Steel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MFD

Bearcat
Visited local gun show this past week end and person I know has one of these shotguns, 30", stainless w/ synthetic stocks. I understand Ruger no longer offers these and this one is new in the box w/ all chokes and curious if others have any good or bad experiences with one of these shotguns?? All replys appreciated.

martin

Kanook

Buckeye
I have 3 Red Labels and enjoy shooting them a lot. I don't have the Stainless version, but it should be the same

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have two, a 20 gauge and a 28 gauge, the 20 is the older blued model and the 28 is the newer stainless. I paid $900 for the 20 and $175 for the 28, both are excellent shotguns.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Mattsbox, did you say $175 for the 28ga. Holy crap where did you get a deal like that? I know guys who would give their right arm for a 28 and for that price....... :shock:

Kanook

Buckeye
let me know when you're ready to make a $200 profit on that 28

mattsbox99

Hunter
The previous owner of the 28 had the stock cut down a little bit and a custom recoil pad installed, he couldn't sell it and it fit me perfectly. I really don't know why he only wanted $175 for it, it shoots great and had all the accessories and the box. If it makes you feel any better I about broke my arm getting my wallet out so fast. He even threw in a case of Win AA ammo and 200 once fired hulls.

I'd probably settle for a $1200 profit, I like this gun a lot.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I am never in the right place at the right time for a deal like that! :x I have made some good deals but $175 for a 28ga RL? never! Good job!

Also to get back to the original subject :D I don't have the synthetic/stainless but I do have a wood/blue 12ga with the 30" barrels. I paid $1100 new and thought I got a pretty good deal at the time. I love the gun. I shoot it better than any of my shotguns.

mattsbox99

Hunter
golferboy- I'm not sure how i could prove it to you, but really you just aren't worth it. People like you make this forum bad, you should really take your worthless posts and stay in the gen con forum.

RL- Its hard times for many folks right now, and I suspect he knew I was going to keep the gun and shoot it. I've shot quite a bit of skeet and sporting clays with the guy, but he's never had this gun at the skeet field when I was there. He just mentioned one day that he had a few shotguns he wanted to get rid of and when I went to look at it, his basement was full of safes. He let go a near new Citori for $700 to another friend of mine.

russ762

Bearcat
I have a Red Label 12ga 28" stanless. Excellent shotgun, my weapon of choice for any hunting situation not requiring a rifle. Is it true that production has ceased?

APEXDUCK

Single-Sixer
They are still making Red Labels , they just stopped making the all stainless model. I really liked the target gray version.

I own 2 Red Labels. One old 20ga in all blue, the other a 12ga with the stainless receiver and blued barrels. The 12ga has been my waterfowl gun for almost 20 years now and still working great. These are very under rated shotguns and well worth the money. One in 28ga with 410 tubes in my next gun on my wish list.

APEXDUCK

mattsbox99

Hunter
I like the 28 gauge a lot, I knew I'd never get a deal like this again even though I wasn't really in the market for another shotgun.

I don't think Ruger makes the 410 tubes anymore and I've been looking for them since I got my 28.