Ruger Records....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
In the last three weeks, I have called Ruger Records a number of times & all I seem to get is voice mail. Left messages & no response. Thinking it may be because of holidays, I tried again today (9 AM Pacific time) & same thing. Anyone else running into this?

lmd

Hi I called 4 weeks ago for a letter with one follow up call after 3 weeks I talked to someone the first time left a message the second and I just got it I read something in a post here that said they were moving the records dept so they are more than likely pretty busy I am going to call them right now on my latest single six #343 :D

GRAMPS

Had to leave a message

I have experienced the voice mail "black hole" on a few occasions . . . never got a response.

Keep trying to reach a real, live person. Remember there's only a couple of ladies working that "desk" so they can get swamped pretty easily.

Patience and politeness will win out, eventually.

:)

contender

Ruger Guru
Have patience,, they have been moving things. It will eventually get worked out,, and yes the girls are busy. Yet,, they still offer this info for FREE,,,, (not like Colt, S&W etc.) So,, please be polite & thankful,,,,!

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I had tried in late November to get info on a couple of the oddball DA's that I recently found. They did call me back just before Christmas with a little more info on one of the guns. In addition to the move/shuffle there was at least one key individual on vacation and possibly a shutdown over the holidays.

I know they closed one building in Newport permanently and were shuffling groups around while they remodeled other areas.

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Called today and requested three letters. She was a little short on the phone like she may have been busy but said she would send the letters out. I can accept short as long as I get something for nothing.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Yes, they are busy over there. They were renovating their office building so the Records Dept was temporarily relocated to the Shipping Dept. They are back in their "new" digs now and up and running.

Let's not forget that the late November to early January period is prime vacation period so it's not unusual for them to be a bit behind.

I called right after Tulsa, in mid-November, to get one of my purchases lettered. I received the verbal info but it wasn't until between Christmas and New Year's that I received the letter.

As has been said above, can't complain about something you don't have to pay for!!

BB45C

contender

Ruger Guru
While they do occasionally have delays in shipping out those FREE letters,,, they do get it done. I ALWAYS thank the lady's for their time & patience with us. Plus,, when I speak to the management folks,, I let them know how much we do appreciate the fine service of the records dept.

martyj

Blackhawk
I called them 3 times last month and got voice mail. Left my name and number and my call was returned. I myself think they do a great job.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Called yesterday on two guns, and the lady said it would take about two weeks due to the amount of letter requests.
Santa must have been good to alot of Collectors!! :)
Free is Free after all so a short wait should not be a big deal.
Terry