Ruger Plastic parts opinion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I think some of it has to do with what you are looking for. For some folks, a gun is simply a tool. There are guns that lend themselves to that, and I'll include my P95R in that group. It's a great gun and it does the job it's intended to. Is it beautiful to look at? Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder (and as much as I like it, I wouldn't call it gorgeous by any means).

To some, a gun is a work of art. Take the Colt Python, which to me is about the most gorgeous revolver ever built. It does the job perfectly, but I will admit it does it with some serious style.

Which would I carry? The Ruger, hands down. Which would I enjoy target shooting? The Python. There is no comparison.

Guns are one thing that you will never get a bunch of people to agree on, but if we can agree that we all have the right to disagree, it's all good.

raw6464

Bearcat
A gun is no different than most every thing else we buy and enjoy... all of which come down to our own personal likes and dislikes.

Esthetics and craftsmanship plays a role as does price depending on what level of expectation we apply to our wants and needs. There is a reason why people buy a Rolex watch for $10,000 when a $50 Casio makes better time. And BTW there is a very fine line between NEED and WANT... heheheh... my want always trumps my need.

The new Ruger 10/22 with the plastics is probably as good or maybe better than it's predecessor... but it does nothing to endure me to buy one. I will never appreciate guns that look like they where made in Home Depot with all the plastic and paint and parts that where stamped out by Tonka Toys.

I'm sure Ruger knows the demographics of their buyers, and I'm sure they will sell a ton of them.

9x19

Hunter
The changes to the 10/22 were made a good while ago, and the market reacts quickly... I'm sure their sales haven't been drastically affected, else Ruger would have reacted.

On their entire line of 1911s, Kimber made the switch from internal to extenal extractors a few years ago. They thought they were the "popular" choice... but the market soon proved that wrong when their sales plummeted. They switched back to the internal pretty quick and again enjoy brisk sales.