RUGER P95 PROBLEM - - PLEASE HELP!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pyroazm

Bearcat
hey i recently bought the p95 about 3 weeks ago. i still have yet to fire it. but i do like the feel of the gun. one thing im worried about is: i loaded both mags wit 9mm 115grain ammo and popped one mag into the gun. i pulled the slide back to load the pistol and the slide got locked back? when i hit the bottom of the mag, the slide releases and loads the bullet. i thought i was puttin the mag in wrong but i put it in harder and hit the bottom to make sure it was securely in but it still did the same thing. anyone have this problem or know what it could be?

A

Anonymous

It's a weak mag catch spring! Either call ruger for a replacement or give the it a bit of a bend. Check the search feature as there is allot about that problem and how to fix it. 8)

:arrow: I had the same problem, as well as a bunch more with my p95. :(

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
sent you a pm. sounds like the ejector is being pushed against the slide by the top round in magazine.. I had this problem with my p95 when it was new. I just filed a little off the slide where it was binding and problem was solved.
Or, more likely, like above poster said could be weak mag catch spring. I just wanted to throw another option out there.

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
Picture037.jpg

Here's a picture of how the ejector sets between the top round in the magazine and the protrusion to the right of the breach face. My problem was the ejector actually blocked the slide from going forward. Gun would not lock open without a loaded magazine because the ejector could move over. But once a loaded magazine is in gun the ejector gets pushed off to the right. If you have binding in that area just file a little metal off the slide where the ejector is hanging up until the gun cycles smoothly. Remove slide to do this and then clean off filings before reassembling gun. If that's the problem. I figure I can't be the only guy who had this problem with a p95.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
also make sure YOU arent putting any pressure on the slide stop lever when you are racking the slide...

Howie

Bearcat
I had this exact same problem. I just kept trying it and it finally worked out of it. I found it worked best by pulling back and quickly releasing the slide, at first I was not letting go of it quickly and I think that was part of my problem. I also gave the gun a good cleaning and then took the gun to the range today. I shot 100 rounds with no problems. Good luck!

Latest posts