Ruger P89 disassembly

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevenwr

Bearcat
I'd like to completely disassemble my P89 but I'm having problems finding the info. If anyone knows how to completely diassemble a P89 or know where to get the info. I'd appreciate the help. I have the owners manual but that just tells you how to field strip.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
You can order a book called; "The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part 1, revised edition" by J.B. Wood.
It has an excellent complete procedure for the P-85. The P-89 isn't much different, and this book can get you through most of it easily enough.
Also, in your owners manuel there is a complete parts diagram in the back. It can help you in parts locations.
Now, I have a Ruger Armorers manuel that has plenty of details,,, but I can't get to it right now. It's in a file cabinet that my wife has stacked a bunch of stuff in front of until friday.
Email me directly, and after friday, I'll get into mine, and if you are interested, I can copy the section on the P-89. We'll talk about this.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
The "Disassemble" procedure in the Owners Manual gives pretty detailed info on how to field strip as you stated, and takes the gun down about as far as it can be disassembled other than a few small parts. You have been able to remove the slide, recoil spring and guide rod, barrel, etc?

stevenwr

Bearcat
I've been able to field strip it no problem (removed the slide, rod and spring, barrel). I figured out how to disassemble the frame(sear, hammer...etc.). The only problem I'm having right now is disassembling the decocker, firing pin etc. The other problem I'm having is when I put the sear and hammer assembly back together, the ejector and ejector spring. One end of the ejector spring wraps around the ejector but I can't figure out where the other end of the ejector spring goes. There's a notch in the bottom of the hammer but nothing there to hold onto the spring. So when I put the gun back together the spring is loose until you push the ejector forward. When I put a mag in and the ejector is pushed back the ejector is loose along with spring.

Ivo

Bearcat
I have exactly the same problem! did u get the solution??
thanks

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
If its like the P95, I think you have to remove the rear sight. I was looking at an exploded view and it looks like there is a retention pin that hold everything together that is lock in under the rear sight. I haven't actually done this yet as the rear sight of mine is quite stiff and I am a little afraid of marring my slide or sight.

Latest posts