Ruger P345, into the safe you go

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tdyoung58

Bearcat
Bought this yesterday for my birthday today . . . cuz getting old has it's priviledges.

Sig 1911, weight is only 4 oz more than my P345 was loaded..... sure shoots good and is purty looking...

Put about 250 thru it last night at the range, had some issues until about 30 rounds then everything seemed to smooth out and ran great for the rest, no problems with the Hornaday XTP's either

Sig1911.jpg

Lone Wolf McQuade

Single-Sixer
I have a KP345PR. Also had a Smith & Wesson 1911PD 4 1/4 inch. Decided I did not need 2 45 autos so sold the Smith for more than I paid for it new. Like the Ruger better.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Steel vs. plastic. Beauty vs. the beast. Slimness vs. blockyness.

It's one reason I can never decide, and have to own several...

Nice gun!

-- Sam

Paine

Bearcat
Happy Birthday!
happy_birthday_to_you1.jpg

A Friend sent this to me on my birthday last year so I had to pass it on LOL

Should you decide that ruger is taking up too much room in the safe, I'm sure I could find room for it ;)

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Nice gun. Congrats.
However, ANY gun that doesn't shoot well right out the box makes me
nervous and I tend to sell em real quick.
Something about jam ups tends to destroy my confidence even if it's on round 30.
I don't think guns need a break in period to run right, and if they do, in the back of my mind I am always waiting for another jam.
I don't need that in a defensive weapon.

revhigh

Hawkeye
gatorhugger":20bh7465 said:
ANY gun that doesn't shoot well right out the box makes me nervous and I tend to sell em real quick. Something about jam ups tends to destroy my confidence even if it's on round 30.

C'mon Gator ... you're saying that a BRAND NEW previously unfired gun that has a few issues in the first 30 rounds, and then runs 220 perfectly would be an issue to you ???

Man, you must not keep very many guns. I think the only guns that I own that would fit your criteria would be my CZ75B's. :D

Most of the Sig 1911's I've shot (2 or 3) have been excellent guns from both a reliability and accuracy standpoint. They are pricey though ... and at the price point that they're at, I'd be buying a Colt Gold Cup or a mid level Springfield like a loaded target trophy. I think Sigs are very nice guns and I have a few, but when it comes to 1911's ... for the Sig's money, I think you get more value in a Colt GC or SA LTT. In my mind, there's $200-300 worth of cosmetics on the Sig, and I generally don't buy cosmetics when it comes to 1911's. I'd rather have that $300 worth go straight to accuracy upgrades. I don;t care if a 1911 isn't real pretty, but it HAS to be super accurate.

By the way TDY ... spectacular and beautuful gun ... very, very, nice. I'm sure it will be rock solid reliable at this point. You may as well just sell that P345 ... you'll never want to touch it again ...

Here's one that has become my personal favorite ... bare bones, not very pretty, and cheap (around $600 all included) ... but it shoots easily into 2 inches or less at 50 feet offhand .... about as good as I can do. :D

IMG_0004-2.jpg

REV

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
Aw c'mon Rev, you know darn well all those guns you claim to have actually belong to ME! Only guns you really own is a sorry collection of P-Series that you never mention. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
You gotta stop sending me pics of your guns Anthony !!! You never know where they'll show up next !!

My P-series guns sleep the same place yours do .... with the fish .... :D

Hey, I just noticed !! You just hit 1000 !!!! Congratulations !! KARMA time !!!!

ERV ... uh make that REV LOL

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh":36s2auhr said:
You gotta stop sending me pics of your guns Anthony !!! You never know where they'll show up next !!

Hey, I just noticed !! You just hit 1000 !!!! Congratulations !! KARMA time !!!!

I heard REV tried throwing a few Glock in the lake , but they all floated back up :shock: He was given a Ticket for POLLUTING. :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
3leggeddog":3615a8zc said:
revhigh":3615a8zc said:

I heard REV tried throwing a few Glock in the lake , but they all floated back up :shock: He was given a Ticket for POLLUTING. :D

Nah, you heard wrong 3LD, never had a reason to deep six a Glock or any other gun for that matter. :D

Anthony truly has though .... an old P85 if I recall correctly.

By the way, do you have a 3LD ??

REV

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh":23m7e5h2 said:
3leggeddog":23m7e5h2 said:
revhigh":23m7e5h2 said:

Nah, you heard wrong 3LD, never had a reason to deep six a Glock or any other gun for that matter. :D

Anthony truly has though .... an old P85 if I recall correctly.

By the way, do you have a 3LD ??

REV

My friend, thats been my gaming name for the last 10 years,which I use on some of the gun forums also. Its been good for a laugh.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh":1xz0pz1m said:
Well, I'm actually glad you DON'T have a 3LD ... :D

REV

Being I'm retired, Ive been volunteering at the County Dog sheller two days a week . Dogs have giving me a lot of joy ever since I was a little boy, now I try to give back to them! The group I belong to has built a "Cart" for a 2 legged dog, nursed a few 3 legged ones back to a active life.

3Leggeddog

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'm with you 3LD, I think dogs are the most majestic creatures on earth. I never met a dog that I didn't like, except maybe some nasty ones, and then it wasn't them I didn;t like ... it was their owners.

Dogs RULE !!

REV

tdyoung58

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":ce254m29 said:
Steel vs. plastic. Beauty vs. the beast. Slimness vs. blockyness.

It's one reason I can never decide, and have to own several...

Nice gun!

-- Sam

The Sig's frame is a composite, very light for a 1911 only 26 oz empty.

My Ruger will still come out and play on range days, just not my daily carry anymore, going for the pruty and reliable instead... LOL since I OC almost as much as I CC anymore

revhigh

Hawkeye
tdyoung58":1o7y74uy said:
The Sig's frame is a composite, very light for a 1911 only 26 oz empty.

Huh ??? The Sig frame is not a composite as far as I know ... it is an ALLOY of lightweight metals. If that's what you meant, then sorry, but composite generally means polymer as far as I know.

REV