Ruger Old Model Super Blackhawk need help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

machinist9612

Bearcat
I there, im new the the forum i had a few questions about my newly acquired revolver. Its a old model super blackhawk from 1962 98xx serial number. It has a nice plum purple color to the frame. I traded a guitar for it to a guy that had no idea what he had the owner before that bought it new put a bunch of grease on it put it in the safe and never fired it. The guy i got it from fired 12 rounds out of it which sucks. but its practically a brand new gun. I am wondering how much it might be worth i did not get any paper work or a box with it. I also took the stocks off of it and it says 60 super blackhawk on the inside just wondering if that has anything to do with anything. they dont look factory they dont have the emblem on the side but it says ruger on the inside just a little confused if anyone could help i would appreciate it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
First, we need to clarify the exact model.
You can look at the side of the main frame & see if it says; "Ruger Blackhawk .44 Magnum" OR if it says "Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum"
In 1962 Ruger was making both variations. But,, if yours is a 4 digit gun, and is marked "Super" on the main frame, then you are correct in it being a Super.
The reason I point this out is due to the overlap of models, AND the differences in values.
Now, the stocks. Ruger didn't mark the stocks,, so if they are marked, you will have either someone elses markings, or those are not factory stocks.
If they are factory stocks, they will have the Ruger medallion in them, where the eagle will be recessed and the eagle itself will be black in color.
So, assuming it's an early Super, in minty condition, plum in color, I would put it in the $600-$700 range.
If you can post pics here,, it's help a bunch!

sounds like a very nice gun, and the marking on the inside of the grips is most likely for that used by Ajax , back in the day......as Ty said a picture would be really helpful...and I agree in the price range quoted.......and as long as the guitar you traded was not a Martin D-25 you may have done well 8)

machinist9612

Bearcat
Well does anyone know how to post pictures from a phone on here? And would grips from a New Model Super Blackhawk fit on an Old Model???

flatgate

Hawkeye
You need to store your images on a "host". I use www.picturetrail.com

99143334.jpg

Most of the above junque is of Super Blackhawk design. :D

flatgate