Ruger old model 3-screw .357 loading

Help Support Ruger Forum:

soufpaw

Bearcat
can anyone please tell me the part number for the loading gate on a ruger old model 3-screw .357 ? I know the part is different on a single six but looks the same just smaller overall. thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
From a 1970 OM owners manual.
Loading gate part # is MR-24.

If you seek a new one from Ruger,, they no longer carry OM parts.

whats wrong with the one in the gun now???? got a few in the parts drawer and they are all different, alas NO "part" number , just look to see and match the contour of the recoil shield for the one we need.........:cool:;)

Dan in MI

Staff member
Numrich lists one, but shows it as out of stock. Might be worth a call to see if they plan on getting more in.

I believe Numrich doesn't "get more in." I'm fairly certain they get parts from scrapped guns, or guns they buy to part out. So, yeah, they are always trying to get more, but don't have specific source to buy from.

Ride1949

Hunter
I know not many folks are going to be scrapping their Rugers these days, but there's always a chance there will be some. Phone calls aren't that expensive. Don't reject all options out of hand. If you haven't already done so, put a WTB in the want add forum here. Someone may have one they're willing to part with. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Dan in MI

Staff member
I know not many folks are going to be scrapping their Rugers these days, but there's always a chance there will be some. Phone calls aren't that expensive. Don't reject all options out of hand. If you haven't already done so, put a WTB in the want add forum here. Someone may have one they're willing to part with. Just a thought.
I see OM's being scrapped on GB every week. The issue for the op is they are complete kits not just the gate.

Ride1949

Hunter
Sorry, I was just trying to help. Didn't realize it was going to start a pissing match. Maybe you could offer a suggestion as to where he might find a loading gate.

Last edited:
AGAIN< as I said above whats the issue or do you even have the one that was or is in the gun,,,??? I got them in the drawer and as I said they are ALL different, different shapes due to the contours of the recoil shield, and not having "parts" numbers assigned to them which is which??????? I quit selling them on line years ago as everyone who bought one says "theirs is different" and these all came from old model Ruger Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, , and Bearcats?????:confused::unsure::rolleyes:

here is ONE drawer.........

and NO they do NOT make them for the old models anymore........:cool:

Attachments

• assort. loading gates......JPG
    assort. loading gates......JPG
    319.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Ride1949

Hunter
Quite a selection. (y)

If he has the old one and the gate itself is the only problem, it would be worth taking a leap of faith and send it to you to compare. Provided you'd be okay with that. Maybe you two could strike a deal.

Last edited: