Ruger Old Army Flap Holster Quest

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
So, my Dad sent me a quest to buy him a flap holster for his Ruger Old Army. He doesn't want NOS but a decent used Ruger holster that's not tattered to death.

All I have been seeing are overpriced for condition they are in. I told him they were not going to be cheap, but WOW.

Anyone have other places to look other than Ebay, and here?

contender

Ruger Guru
If you are seeking one of the original Bianchi flap holsters,, you can expect to pay around $125 or so for one in fairly good shape.
As for finding one in other places,, here,, sleezebay, or maybe another collector.
Heck, I MIGHT have a spare,, I'd have to check.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
If you are seeking one of the original Bianchi flap holsters,, you can expect to pay around $125 or so for one in fairly good shape.
As for finding one in other places,, here,, sleezebay, or maybe another collector.
Heck, I MIGHT have a spare,, I'd have to check.
that would be nice

Good luck in your search, both in the picture are Bianchi holsters one has the Ruger stamp the other doesn't,

Attachments

• CAF6ABA5-D9AF-4FFC-B774-7C942F4C9310.jpeg
    CAF6ABA5-D9AF-4FFC-B774-7C942F4C9310.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 78

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
OH Man ! One popped up in the classifieds yesterday, I was out running around getting some electrical stuff for my basement and missed it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Bianchi did a few different stampings,, and then there is the "Buckeye" flower vs the Ruger eagle.
That's what makes the collecting stuff so fun!

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
The only difference between the Old Army holster and the 7.5" Blackhawk holster is that the Blackhawk model is form fitted to the ejector rod housing, while the Old Army holster is smoother down past the cylinder area. Bianchi made both left and right hand configurations.

jyo

Single-Sixer
Used to have several of the Ruger flap holsters, but only for Blackhawks, never owned a Ruger black-powder revolver... Had my old friend, Gordon Davis (RIP), make me a couple of custom flap holsters for my Colt SAAs and a 4 3/4" Freedom Arms 454 Casull back when he was alive---superb workmanship as you would expect from Gordon...

Latest posts