Ruger No. 1 Boddington 7x57 leopard

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well, I was not really looking for one but I ran into one today at Cabelas. It is home with me now. I like that 7x57 round and this rifle is very nice. A few questions.

Are these Boddington rifles being sold individually or only in sets?

I have seen the sets on GB but not the individual rifles.

Anyone have one and if so, how does it shot?

Of course, a scope recommendation is always welcome.

The sights are not simular to what my No. 1 RSI in 7x57 has.

Pictures and range report in the future. They also had a 303 on display.

Time to work some overtime.

I think that the Ruger No. 1 is my current true love.

mattsbox99

Hunter
They've been sold both ways. Both of my current No. 1s are excellent shooters for me. I'm a deer hunter so I can live with 1" groups at 100 yards. The sights are Folding Express Leaf sights, as found on typical dangerous game rifles. I would simply say that the No. 1 in general is not a DGR, but its pretty awesome for NA hunting. I enjoy mine immensely. No. 1s are pretty much all I'm even interested in right now as well.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
If you do not want to spend very much but still want quality go with the Leupold VX2 2x7x33 it's perfect on a 1-A. I have one on my wifes 30-30 1A and could not ask for much better. I also have the 1A in30-06 and put a VX 3 2.5x8x36 on it and on a 1S 45-70 I believe it to be about as good as it gets. They are not too large and keep the rifle trimmed down where it should be not overloaded with a giant reticle scope. will try to post a pic shrotly of the VX 3's

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Pics of VX 3's on a 1A & 1S
phone002.jpg

phone001.jpg

Watergoat

Single-Sixer
Midway is closing out the Leupold Euro 30 mm line, mostly at about $100 off. I got a 2x7 with the German #4 reticle. I compared it with 4 of my other mid-range Leupolds, right at dark. There is a real difference. I put 3 shots into a target at 200 yards. I could not even see the paper with the naked eye. It came with flip covers, too. Lowest rings I could find quickly were Leupold mediums, Haven't found any low 30mm Ruger style rings.

Buck Nekid

Bearcat
Buckeye, I too have used the Leupold ll 2X7X33 to great effect on my 30-06 No1-B. I found I needed to use Ruger offset rings in order to get the proper eye relief with that scope. But having done that, the rifle comes quickly to my shoulder with just the right sight picture through that scope and I have the doe to prove it.

BB Rvlr

Single-Sixer
Watergoat said:
Midway is closing out the Leupold Euro 30 mm line, mostly at about $100 off. I got a 2x7 with the German #4 reticle. I compared it with 4 of my other mid-range Leupolds, right at dark. There is a real difference. I put 3 shots into a target at 200 yards. I could not even see the paper with the naked eye. It came with flip covers, too. Lowest rings I could find quickly were Leupold mediums, Haven't found any low 30mm Ruger style rings.

One of these would be great on the M77 RSI that I have on layaway but I can't find where the Euro line is clearance at Midway. Can you please provide a link? Thanks!

Watergoat

Single-Sixer
Well, pooh! Still had the ad on my email, dated 12-17. Looks like the sale is over, prices are back up, and they aren't closing them out any more either. I paid $329 for mine. Midway sends tons of daily specials, sometimes two or three emails a day. Once in a great while something comes up that I can use. Sorry you missed out, that was a deal on a great woods scope.

Latest posts