Ruger No 1 300 H&H

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cimcw

Bearcat
Well a post a few days ago got me all excited at the prospect of having the 1S in 300 H&H as a cataloged item...not the Boddington, but a real full fledged 1S. Well I emailed Ruger to ask for potential production dates... I really wanted to get an order in with my dealer. Well it turns out that in the reply I received today, that there is no set date of production, and that they encourage any potential buyers to place an order with their dealers and then they will take it from there. So I guess that all those out there that want one should get together with their dealers and get it on the books...

Only time will tell if they really do produce this gun, but I sure as hell want to get one if they actually do tool up to make it.
FYI
Chris

BlkHawk73

Hunter
They use lean manufacturing so they'll sometimes wait until they receive a number of orders and then manufacture enough to fill those orders. None ordered could very well result in none shipping. I know I'll be bugging to get mine.

Fred M

Bearcat
Well the same thing happened with the 9.3x74. I ordered one and never got it. I don't know what kind of business they are running. If they don't make any they can't sell any. There were quite a few sold in the US but
only one I know of in Canada. In the meantime I ran out of interest.

TnTnTn

Single-Sixer
Fred M-Don't give up on the 9.3--evidently Ruger has made another run. I just got one about 3 weeks ago and it is a great rifle and caliber. Check your dealers to see if someone will get you one up there. I missed out on the 1st run but glad I found one now. TnTnTn

Fred M

Bearcat
Pressonregardless.
Thanks for the info. But with deer hunting season next week, two birthday parties mine and wife, x-mas, and winter holidays, no mula left for guns. Too late how sad.
I will get one next spring.
Fred M.

Well I can understand that predicament. I had been looking for a 77 RSI and found one of the Lipsey specials - stainless / walnut .250 Savage there. The only thing I knew to do was put it on lay-a-way. Now I just gotta figure out a way to get it paid off!!

Clay is a super guy to deal with.

Ed