Ruger NM Super Blackhawk BRASS Gripframe

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbraemer1

Bearcat
I have a .45 NM Blackhawk, made in 1997, SR#47-68053, a very nice shooter! I just want to spif it up a little.

It has that awful aluminum powder-coated gripframe and ejector rod, chipped and flaking. I'd LOVE to swap the gripframe for a BRASS SBH Dragoon style (squareback trigger guard) frame. Can't find one anywhere! Any ideas? Factory is nice but aftermarket is fine if it's good quality.

Also want to swap out the hammer for the SBH hammer, and replace the crappy aluminum black ejector rod with a blued steel one...unless I can actually find the rumored-but-never-seen brass ejector rod.....

Help is much appreciated!

I have a .45 NM Blackhawk, made in 1997, SR#47-68053, a very nice shooter! I just want to spif it up a little.

It has that awful aluminum powder-coated gripframe and ejector rod, chipped and flaking. I'd LOVE to swap the gripframe for a BRASS SBH Dragoon style (squareback trigger guard) frame. Can't find one anywhere! Any ideas? Factory is nice but aftermarket is fine if it's good quality.

Also want to swap out the hammer for the SBH hammer, and replace the crappy aluminum black ejector rod with a blued steel one...unless I can actually find the rumored-but-never-seen brass ejector rod.....

Help is much appreciated!

Well I just happen to have one that will fit your gun,
You can get a hammer from Ruger for about $30-35 along with an ejector rod, but it might come in the white from Ruger.
I want $325 for my brass grip frame. It will fit old and new models.
Jim
This is it on an OM 45 convertible

1255193476-1.jpg