Ruger MKII Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
On another site a fella said he bought a Ruger MKII in 1989 that came from the factory with a blue 5.5 inch barrel upper and a stainless lower.
I have never heard of Ruger making these.
So , my question is .
Did Ruger make a MKII with a blue upper and stainless lower that came from the factory.

This post may be of interest:

(sadly, pic link is gone)

I remember that my local Cabela's had a bunch of two-toned Rugers in their "Gun Library", some years ago. IIRC there were MK II models, and I THINK I remember some two-tone Single-Sixes and/or Bearcats, at the same time.

They had several different configurations, and were all reasonably priced. I remember reading some threads about these on the various forums, back then. (Edit: it looks like I might be "remembering" more varieties than I actually saw. The 5-1/2" bull barrel seems to be the two-tone model made for Outdoor Sports.)

IIRC, they were new guns, but limited production "Distributor Exclusives" that Cabela's chose to display in the Gun Library, vs. the regular display cases.

I thought they were neat, though "not really my thing." In retrospect, that would have been the time to grab the whole works.

"Instant Ruger display" material! (I like the displays collectors put together, but they're "not really my thing," either.

Another related post, on a different Forum:

Last edited:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Ruger MK512S

Attachments

• pinto.JPG
    pinto.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 90