Ruger Mk1, bull barrel manufacture date 1964

Help Support Ruger Forum:

badcopnodonut!!

Bearcat
First let me say thanks for adding me to your group.

Several years ago I picked up the above mentioned Ruger from an elderly gentleman as I was leaving a gunshow.

Its in excellent/mint condition with the original yellow/black box but no paperwork. It has target grips with the thumb rest and the Ruger emblem is also imbedded in the grips. They look like factory grips but I cant find any info to verify this.

Im trying to find the approximate value. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I don't have any pics but I can post some tomorrow.

badcopnodonut!! said:
Its in excellent/mint condition with the original yellow/black box but no paperwork. It has target grips with the thumb rest and the Ruger emblem is also imbedded in the grips.

If it will letter as a T-512W it could be worth more. That is, IF it came from the factory with the wood grips........most likely not but perhaps, worth investing the 10 bucks for a factory letter....

chet15

Hawkeye
As 1964 production, it may also be one of the first run of approximately 2,300 that had small sized serial numbers (1/16" in height), in the 307xxx to 309xxx range...a variation which is probably the most desireable for a T512.
After that is also a scarce variation as they went to large size serial but retained the address on the left side of the receiver that did not include the abbreviation "INC." after "STURM, RUGER CO." on the to line.
As mentioned, there were a few T512's as early as 1964 that were factory shipped with walnut thumbrest grip panels (model T512W).
Chet15