Ruger MK III/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Embalmer

Bearcat
Ok, I got a problem. When I reassembled my MK III the hammer wont drop, and cant get the thing apart again to see what went wrong. I tried all steps to disengage the hammer, and nothings worked yet... I am at a loss.. plz help

aWoods

Single-Sixer
I believe I had the same issue one time. Try inserting the mag partially (like 4/5ths, and you should feel something through the mag. Then you should be able to disassemble.

If all else fails call Ruger.

Embalmer

Bearcat
OK thanks, Ill give those ideas a shot. Only other non manual ways I found to try to disengage the hamme was hold trigger with muzzle down and hit on protected surface (no luck), and use a punch to move hammer catch (non existant spot on 22/45)

I think what happened was I missed getting the hammer in the"cup" first time assembling it, took forever to get the mainspring back in, and when it finally went i forgot to notice if I got the hammer strut wherre needed to go... :oops:

Can the hammer pin come out while the gun is assembled as it is now?

Embalmer

Bearcat
K got it, thanks :) what a PITA, but a good learning experiance. Just bought it for the GF to use while at the range, as my 1911a1 is a little too much. first time out was yesterday, and we put 500 rounds through it easy, and near the end seemed to jame fequently, so figure a good cleaning was in the works...

other than Pain in the butt assembly, I love the gun, fun easy to use and reliable.

Thanks for the help
Matt

Latest posts