Ruger MK II with 5.5" heavy bl

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Checkman111

Bearcat
I own a few Ruger handguns and I've always liked the look of the Ruger .22LR pistol with the heavy 5.5" bull barrel. Actually, I've always been partial to the bull barrel configuration in general (regardless of the make and model). However, even when firearms inventories were fat, the bull barrel Ruger 22 wasn't very common in my corner of Idaho. At least not wherever I happened to find myself. In December 2020 I stopped in at a local gun-shop that I have been going to for the past eighteen years at that time. It's one of those eccentric places that only locals and truly dedicated gun folks know about. It's a rather ramshackle set of buildings that have been cobbled together over the years. The signage states that autobody and engine work is done there (also one can buy retreads), but not a mention about gun sales. However, if one enters the shop, walks pass the tattooed and bearded gentlemen working on cars and continues to the door labeled "welcome" one will find a small, but well stocked gun-shop. I walked in a few minutes after they opened and found this Ruger Mk II Target for sale. The price was $375 out the door. I asked how many other folks were looking at it and was advised I was the first customer of the day and the Ruger had been sitting on the shelf for a whopping twenty minutes. I bought it right there and then. I have since taken it to the range and it was very boring in its reliability,

Attachments

• RugerMKIILEft (1).jpg
    RugerMKIILEft (1).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 109
  • RugerMKIILeftcool.jpg
    RugerMKIILeftcool.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 120

fallsinhole

Bearcat
I also have one of those I use to shoot groundhogs in close around the buildings on the farm! Excellent pistol and handles any type of ammo!!

wproct

Single-Sixer
Congratulations on your new Ruger pistol! I totally agree with you, I have always preferred the 5 1/2 inch heavy bbl target model. I bought my first .22 Ruger semi-auto in around 1966 or 67. I wanted that barrel length but all the the little local gunshop had was the 6 7/8 inch tapered bbl target model and I didn't think I could wait and I bought it. It was a nice pistol, but I wanted the 5 1/2 heavy bbl, so I later traded it in for that. Since then I have migrated to a MKII stainless steel 5 1/2 inch heavy bbl and that's the only barrel configuration that I will own anymore. You are really gonna like yours the more you own and shoot it!(y)

frogbern

Bearcat
I have a few and would be willing to sell some. I several mk ll's amdreally only shooting one that has been customized.