Ruger Mini Stock preferences

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Any opinions or reviews on the mini 14/30 stocks out there? I have a mini 14 and a mini 30 and only one stock I like between the two of them.
I had an ATI Strikeforce, and sent it on down the road because I never warmed up to the pistol grip.
I have slender fingers and hands,so nearly any commercially available grip with finger grooves fits me just exactly wrong. ( I can put all three fingers on the frontstrap of an XR3/Colt SAA comfortably)
I currently have a Choate folder and a Hogue overmolded. I really like the feel and weight of the Hogue.
The Choate, well - it folds. Everything else feels like an afterthought. With an IWI Ace pistol in my kit now, the packability aspect of the Mini30 with a folding stock has become less appealing.
It would be awesome if you guys had some feedback on the other options out there.
Right now I am leaning toward buying another Hogue, but - I am also looking at the Promag AAMINI. I have their AA on my 10/22 and I am quite happy with it.
The Tapco looks like cheap crap even in their best promo pictures.
The Sparta seems like they have missed the price point by just a bit, and I don't like that the top rail is fixed to the stock , rather than the receiver.
What are y'all's likes and dislikes?

mac66

Single-Sixer
I bought a plastic folding stock for my Mini back in the day. Tried it once, put it back on the shelf where it's been gathering dust for 30 years. Factory wood for me.

grobin

Blackhawk
Many years ago when the mini was new and shinny, a city council decided to help out their PD who needed their DC guns upgraded (they had a bunch of antiques 45 SCHOFIELD in the top break, some 38 LC, and a couple top break 32s they didn't issue). So the council took their budget and bought 20 minis that had been "upgraded for police use" at a premium of ~$500 each. I traded them new Colt commanders with duty belts for them. I recently unearthed one that I didn't sell. It's got a folding stock on it that looks like a clothes hanger on a grade school a shop class router project.

So if it's to be useful I need a good stock. What's the best-doesn't need to fold, just be durable and help with shootability?

Back years ago when I was really into the Minis, being tactically cool and walking in the woods my favorite was a folding stock. In fact all my minis have folding stocks.... personally, for quality, I would go with Choate.

JFB

Hunter
I like the disstressed full wood look
SevF0P7.jpg