Ruger mini 14 target rifle anyone else have one ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I.have a Ruger mini 14 target rifle in a houge stock and that thing is crazy accurate .I.Need to buy another one .It's heavy.almost 9 pounds and you have to make your own match loads but it's awesome.Mine has shot under an inch at 200 yards always with 75 grain match bullets .I.am going.to put a better scope on.it .I.have a cheap Bushnell 6x18 power scope on it needs a good Nikon .It needs a better trigger job but.It's pretty good from the factory .This is not the gun for people that like to put junk ammo in and expect it to shoot good .That boss system helps big time and I.have not even adjusted mine ! I shot one group at 300=yards just over an inch .There was a guy that had them on clearance on.here can't find it again # I want another one ! I think because it's so heavy people didn't like them .

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I looked at them but understood that they were not rated for NATO rounds. 5.56 And I guess my target shooting days are past. I would imagine you can find them on Gun Broker if they are on the market. Good Luck!

DGW1949

Hunter
teuthis said:
I looked at them but understood that they were not rated for NATO rounds. 5.56 And I guess my target shooting days are past. I would imagine you can find them on Gun Broker if they are on the market. Good Luck!

That's correct...the "Target Model" is 223 only.

DGW

ebdyguy

Bearcat
I just shot mine today. It did not group that well but I have the dampner still at the zero position. I did not spend much time because it was pretty windy out there today. I have the Hogue stock mounted but I have a couple of the Ruger laminated stocks in waiting until I move out of New York State.

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I shot the hornady 75 grain match bt hollow point that shoots in.one in ten twist with 748 win powder max loads .I also had awesome luck with 64 grain Winchester power points with 748 powder .I have a 6x18 power scope on.it fixing to trade it to better Nikon.scope .I don't shoot junk cheap 223-in it just nice loads it likes .I have not shot a group over .75 inch at a 100 yards yet .I am thinking of getting a trigger job which would probably make it even sweeter .It's a heavy gun not everyone's cup of tea but it's awesome for a semiautomatic .I am thinking about buying another one I don't like ar15s!