Ruger Mini-14 Laser Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

w1ksz

Bearcat
I recently purchased one of the Ranch Rifle versions and would like to add a Laser sight to it.
I added the Picatinny Rail that came with it.

Now, I don't need the "Cadillac of the Industry" version, just something to use at the range or
out in the Desert.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Richard S.

w1ksz

Bearcat
Do you want a laser or a red dot? don't know if you know but there is a big difference. Sounds like a red dot is what you're likely looking for.
Laser or Red Dot ... let me see what I wrote. Oh, yes, it says Laser sight.

BTW, I know the difference. 10 years working on Lasers in the 1960's.

rs

When I think about shooting in the desert and do shoot in the desert I shoot at long range and short range.
So, what are you wanting to shoot in the desert and what range will it be?
Although you didn't ask, no laser for me shooting in the desert or even at a range with a rifle/carbine.

Sounds like you know what you want that will work with the distance you have in mind to sight and shoot that laser. Maybe share what you think will work.

w1ksz

Bearcat
I bought an AT3-LEOS. Looked like it would work. Fits both guns nicely.

Next step is to align it. The company provides 3 different Targets and instructions. Nice of them to include this.

Well, you will get good use of the red dot shooting in the desert in daylight. The laser, not so much. I shoot 2 different red dot optical sights on ARs and they do well at carbine distances (25, 50 yds). Also have a reflex red dot on another rifle. At times the sun is so bright the dot defuses into a glowing star imagine. That should not happen with what you bought.

Latest posts