Ruger/Marlin rifles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well, I was able to handle and inspect the new lever action rifles from Marlin this week. They are bringing out a few more versions of them. Blue, and in 30-30. Plus the 1894 in .44mag. They look great!!!

I am anxious for the .44 .

For reasons underexplained and over rationalized by gun traders, I've found myself with zero .44 long guns. I feel naked.

C'mom Ruger! Let's get these back on the street!

vito

Hunter
What is the pricing for the new Marlins? I wonder how easy it will be to actually get one if desired. I thought about a Henry .357 carbine but several local gun shops told me that they would not be able to order one for me, plus the $1,000 cost was a bit off putting. I don't need a lever action, but I sort of would like one.

I have an older .44 JM Marlin. Got it used for a song and it looks like it was a truck gun. But it is as smooth as glass. I have thought about having it restored, but that makes no sense. I’ve been looking for a case hardened side gate Henry, but I can’t find one for even close to MSRP. And I refuse to be gouged. My next thought was to try a Rossi- still on the fence about that. But if the Ruger/Marlin is coming this year, I’ll wait for one of those. Anxious to see what they think they’re worth…I paid $699 new for my 1895 GBL 45-70 about 7 years ago. I was floored when I saw the new stainless version was fetching $2500.

xtratoy

Buckeye
I have an older .44 JM Marlin. Got it used for a song and it looks like it was a truck gun. But it is as smooth as glass. I have thought about having it restored, but that makes no sense. I’ve been looking for a case hardened side gate Henry, but I can’t find one for even close to MSRP. And I refuse to be gouged. My next thought was to try a Rossi- still on the fence about that. But if the Ruger/Marlin is coming this year, I’ll wait for one of those. Anxious to see what they think they’re worth…I paid $699 new for my 1895 GBL 45-70 about 7 years ago. I was floored when I saw the new stainless version was fetching $2500.
As long as Ruger keep slowly dribbling the lever actions out, the price will continue to be more than most are willing to pay.

Draugr

Bearcat
Well, I was able to handle and inspect the new lever action rifles from Marlin this week. They are bringing out a few more versions of them. Blue, and in 30-30. Plus the 1894 in .44mag. They look great!!!
Ruger please make the 460 and 500 magnum lever guns.

Latest posts