Ruger Mark III Hunter magazines not feeding

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TomV

Bearcat
Does anyone have problems with their Ruger Mark III Hunter magazines not feeding ammo correctly? All my mags, all relatively new, seem to not lift up the nose of the bullet high enough. This is evident even when the mags are not in the pistol. It seems the "follower" front end does not lift the front of the bullet up to the "lip" of the mag. The follower may actually "tilt" a little (i.e.: front up and down).

contender

Ruger Guru
We have several of the MK series in our home. They get used a lot. None of mine, (even the MKIII's) do not have a magazine issue. The ammo in mine all sits flat & low in the mag, w/o the nose of the bullet sticking up. Maybe the issue isn't the magazines?

TomV

Bearcat
"The ammo in mine all sits flat & low in the mag, w/o the nose of the bullet sticking up."

Interesting. Thanks, --Tom

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Here's something to "TRY" with just one of your magazines. Any one of 'em..............just try it. :)

Position the first round out of the magazine like in the right-hand picture. This has cured that same issue for others, so maybe it will cure the same condition you post about. I only have 17 Ruger Mark pistols in various configurations, but, the "nose up" first round works in the 40+ magazines that I use, at some point in time, for all my Rugers. Try it. Doesn't cost you "NUTTIN". :D

Latest posts