Ruger Mark iii Hunter 6 7/8" ...flawless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redm2

Bearcat
Not since I purchased my Benelli semi-auto have I been so happy with a gun as I am with my new Ruger Mark iii Hunter 6 7/8" Flutted Bull-Barrel!

I am happy to report that after 800+ rounds from a variety of manufactures, but 80-85% CCI, my gun has not had a single issue. No jams nothing....not even 1!!! With open sights the gun was plenty accurate right out of the box. I never touched the open sights and I could hit a pop can at 25 yds. As for cleaning, I never pulled the gun apart but I did spend about an hour after each time out (about 200 rounds per trip) cleaing the gun. It got better though...

After much research and a recommendation from Contender here on the forums I purchased a C-More Systems Red Dot optic. Talk about precise! The adjustments on that sight are phenominal. There is no limitations for adjustment. Everything in-between is available for adjustments. From 25 yds, I put 9 of 10 rounds in a .75" bullseye. For not being a target or competition shooter i was pretty happy.

Note: I have not altered the gun in any way, shape, or form and that includes leaving the LCI in place. The gun remains as it came to me from the manufacture minus the red dot.

Them bushy tailed critters are gonna need to be on the look-out this fall. 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
Congrats on having a great gun,,,! I'm glad my measly little advice has pleased you. The C-Mores are great sights. I'd probably put mine on my MKII Competition Target model,,, but Miss Penny has commendered it on her S&W pistol,,,!

dakota1911

Buckeye
Mine is pretty much the same story, except I haven't got around to putting an optical sight on it yet. It has been a great gun as is very accurate.

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Just picked one of these puppies up today-got it from my local FFL and probably paid a little more than I would have had I gone the gallery of guns or the GB route-but the dealer has been my frend for many years---when I saw this piece GB I went nuts at the aestetics of the piece-handled it at the dealers and couldn't pass it up and I too have not been as excited about a pistol for a while-not even the Lipsey's .44s- my gunsmith and I took it to the range and punched about 400 rds through it-out of the box we started to get the one hole groups at 25 yds- as far as I am concerned the other .22 LR autos in the safe will be sold now that I have this piece. This is a good lookin' good shootin' iron! Suggestions on thumbrest grips?

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have the same setup, but a 22/45 and also a 5 1/2" slabside MKIII steel frame, and also a MKIII 22/45 with a Tac Sol Pac Lite upper assembly. I'm using JPoint optical sights on four guns, which are similar to the C Mores but a lot smaller.

The Tac Sol upper is still being broken in, but it is super light in comparison to any other MK pistol.

Tinman20

Bearcat
I love mine. So accurate. I had been thinking about the Buckmark, but glad I went with the Ruger. I just checked out the Left handed grips, something I will be investing in.