Ruger Mark II MK678 Target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
There is a thread currently active on another forum where a member swears that his Ruger Mark II MK678 has "polygonal rifling" and he claims that Wikipedia is correct with the below information. I know, Wikipedia is a HUGE collection point for "bovine excrement", but here's what he defends his statement with:

The MK I added a Target model, which had a 5.5 in (14 cm) bull barrel, or a 6.875 in (17.46 cm) heavy taper barrel and adjustable sights. The MK II added a slide stop that held the slide open on the last round, and also was available in stainless steel. The MK II has been available in a number of barrel lengths; 4.75 in (12.1 cm) and 6 in (15 cm) lightweight barrels; 4 in (10 cm), 5.5 in (14 cm), 6.875 in (17.46 cm) and 10 in (25 cm) bull barrels, and 5.25 in (13.3 cm) and 6.875 in (17.46 cm) heavy tapered barrels. All guns with bull or heavy tapered barrels are Target models, and are equipped with target sights consisting of an adjustable rear sight and a taller, wider front sight, with an aggressive undercut to reduce glare. The MK II target model(KMK-678) had polygon rifling where other models had traditional land and groove riling.

Ah, the internet. Seems like just another resting home for "Fake News". :lol:

wwb

Hunter
I just checked my T678 Mark II..... guess I'd better return it to Ruger for repair, as it doesn't have polygon rifling. :roll:

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
recumbent said:
Mine doesn't have polygon rifling either.

Nor do any of those that I currently own. And, I can't find any reference to where, or when, Ruger did anything anywhere near like that. Probably just another chemical induced nightmare that "Test_Engineer" came up with. :idea: