Ruger Mark II Government Target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

08 Cayenne

Bearcat
My local club has Bullseye shoots weekly. They shoot .22's at 75 feet. I was thinking about trying it out, they are always looking for newbies to take money off of. Started doing some research on decent guns for this type of competition and found that I have a one already. In 1986 I bought a new Mark II Government Target Model and it has never been fired.

Any information on accurizing/tuning it would be greatly appreciated. Links or a website would be great. I was thinking trigger work or replacement, grips, and maybe optics and a mount, but then again I know nothing about this type of shooting or equipment.

Thanks
Frank

IMG_1940.jpg

shoot it, break it in, get to be GOOD with it, practice,practice, practice..... find the best ammo that it really 'likes' and you'll do just fine, no need to do ANYTHING to that gun now.......................

Tweek

Bearcat
Great gun for bullseye!!

Good advice from rugerguy.

I have a Volquartsen Volthane Thumbrest Target grip, and cheapo BSA red dot on my 5 1/2" MKII, and find it to be a good setup for bullseye. I'll probably go with a Volquartsen Target Trigger at some point, but none of the above is needed to get started.

Bullseye is both challenging and fun! I think you'll like it.

08 Cayenne

Bearcat
Thanks Guys
At the same club I shoot competitive plates, highpower, and skeet so I understand the practice part. I practice every chance I get. :D

The reason I ask is I took it out in the backyard and shot a couple mags through it. The stock grip seems a little small for one handed shooting and the trigger had a fair amount of creep and was a little heavy for my liking. I think these cheap mods would be beneficial.

I have been researching the different mods available, just wondered what the experts use.

Thanks again
Frank

lots of fine "mods" out there for putting you over the top ( improve your scores) after you get the gun 'broke in and just how it will acually shoot for YOU....they do smooth up, jou get stronger, steadier, all on your own, with "practice",then you get the right ammo.....then after all of that is said and done,THEN< if need be> do what you feel will actually help.........seen LOTS of guys get much better with just the 'basic' gun, and the proper ammo, as well as grips.....maybe an 'optic' ( like a red dot..)
we address the other stuff, only if there is a 'problem'.............