Ruger Mark II Competition Target Scope base and rings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jpickar

Blackhawk
I picked up a mint Ruger Mark II Competion Target today. there was no rings, base or box, just the gun.
Where can I get a Ruger base and rings OR what aftermarket base can I get. I think an aftermarket might be easier to get.

Any ideas?
Thanks, John

ddd482

Single-Sixer
not familiar with the mkii, but is it drilled and tapped for a base? if so, i would think you could get one from ruger- or just put a want to buy ad in the classified section here-
if it has not been driiled and tapped, weigand combat makes a good mount- no need for extra holes

contender

Ruger Guru
I have one of those models, and since I bought mine new, it came with the goodies.
However, there were 2 different hole patterns. One has 3 & the other has 4 holes. The bases work on either, and you can get the base & rings from Ruger. It's also possible to get a Weaver base that will fit, I just don't know what number (model) it would be.
BTW; they are great guns!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I can't add much to what Contender already said. I do have the Ruger bases on two of mine but I use scopes. A weave style would give you more options. Maybe you want a red dot instead of a scope? It really depends on what you want to mount on it.

Here is one of mine with a stainless Weaver 4X scope mounted. And a pic of a 25 and 50 yard target. Mine is very accurate but not as quick to get a shot off at a squirrel or bunny like my buddies that has a red dot. I have one set up with a set of Millet sights for the quick shooting.

336_004.jpg

336_002.jpg

if I knew what they "cost" (value) I'd sell you one 'set' that we have here from a 'competition model....the Ruger marked ,grooved base, and the stainless steel rings...I know the 'retail' for a set of rings alone is like $78 , so I'd guess $65 shipped would be 'fair'...let me know.....

jpickar

Blackhawk
Thanks for the input guys.
Contender, I will look into the weaver bases and see what I can find. I like that idea.

rugerjunkie, Yup these guns are shooters. I hope to shoot this one with open sights tomorrow if I get my truck done. There is always something to do. I had a competition target about 10 years ago with a leupold 2X scope. It was more accurate than most of my 22 rifles at 25 yds. THEN like a dummy I sold it. Who knows why. :shock:

rugerguy, I will keep your offer in mind. I want to pursue the weaver idea first. Thanks.

John

contender

Ruger Guru
Rugerguy's offer is a very good one to get hte "corrct" stuff, AND to have one of the strongest mounting systems available.
The weaver base will cost you around $15, and a set of rings around $30, so to get the factory original stuff would be the best!