Ruger Mark 1 sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gaz69

Bearcat
I was recently given a Ruger Mark 1 :D It is in good condition overall, but is missing a rear sight. I have done some looking online, but most of the sights I am seeing are for the Mark 2 & 3. I was hoping to get answers to several questions. Are the rear sights for the Mark 1 & 2 interchangeable? Since i already need to replace it, any upgrade to the sight i should consider? Lastly, any recommendations on reputable dealers to get the sight from? Any help is greatly appreciated. Now off to find magazines!

mag shooter

Bearcat
Brownells has them and I have dealt a lot with them ......... never had any issues .

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/index.htm?avs%7CMake~~Model_1=Ruger__Mark%20I

Manchester

Bearcat
Fixed or adjustable rear? The front will need to be changed if going from a fixed to adj unless you use one of the low profile rears. LPA makes one that works with the standard front post.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/253194/lpa-tpu-rear-sight-ruger-mark-ii-steel-blue-white-outline

The fixed rear I believe is the same across the series. The fixed I pulled off a 22/45 upper looks the same as the one on my standard. If you want a fixed rear I think have one you could have for nothin'. PM me if you want it and I will dig thru the parts bin.

kacher1

Bearcat
If it is a Mark I you need an adjustable sight to go with the higher front sight. The front sight on the Standard model is different as it's used with a "fixed" rear sight. All mark I's come with adjustable rear sights and a different front sight. All Standard models come with "fixed" rear sights. Now when you get to Mark II's it's a different ball game. :D

From what I've read (no authority here) a Mark II target rear sight will fit the Mark I. All models have the same dovetail cut (?) Check the "for sale" ads on the various gun forums for a used adjustable sight.

Guru's please correct any misinformation.