Ruger made a Bisley 41 Mag . with 7.5 barrel ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xtpshooter

Single-Sixer
Yes they are out there. It may take so time but you can find them. I have both fluted and un-fluted in 41 mag as well as both in 357 mag.

G2

Hunter
NDIH

You were looking eah?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625465170

I saw that one but I have a hunch it was a standard blackhawk someone converted to a bisley. Either that or they cut the barrel to 6 1/2" like the normal blackhawk and had it ported. Still a nice fluted cylinder gun if you don't mind the shorter barrel.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I have a fluted cylinder one purchased from Robb in 2011. If I win his drawing it will have a brass frame....

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
G2 said:
NDIH

You were looking eah?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625465170

As Robb suspects, pic 9 shows the box label clearly indicating it being shipped as a regular 'ol BN-42 6.5" Blackhawk. Whoever fitted the bisley frame did a pretty good job, though. If it not being a "factory" bisley is OK, go for it. Also check the barrel pics; the seller claims Magnaport, but not sure if it is genuine Magnaporting or a knock-off job. Sent a note to the seller for clarifications, but no reply yet.

waterboy452

Bearcat
Just a thought, but I saw a couple of the RB-415W 41 mag bisleys in stainless on Gunbroker. 5.5" barrel, rollmarked cylinder. I was surprised to see those. Haven't seen any stainless .41's for a while. Just fyi

waterboy452

Bearcat
Except the .41 hunter models. I had forgotten about those. I actually owned a RB-41W with the 7.5" barrel several years ago. It was one of a hundred or so that Davidson's had. Supposedly a Ruger clean up run. It had a 1-16" twist rate, which was faster than normal for Ruger .41's. Still not quite sure why I sold that one off. Lapse in judgement I suppose. Was a really good shooter.

Onty

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
I saw that one but I have a hunch it was a standard blackhawk someone converted to a bisley. Either that or they cut the barrel to 6 1/2" like the normal blackhawk and had it ported. Still a nice fluted cylinder gun if you don't mind the shorter barrel.
Right on. However, I started laughing while reading "This is a very rare and hard to find revolver.". As for magnaporting, IMHO the one and only reason to justify this if shooter has a health issue and even moderate recoil could be the problem. Otherwise, waste of money on 41 Magnum, especially Bisley, and ruined revolver.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Updated with a reply from the seller. My email first, then his response. Doesn't seem to deny it may not be a "factory" Bisley, but seems OK with letting potential buyers being deceived. Buyer beware.

"Hello, pic #9 showing the box label indicates this gun was shipped as a BN-42 which is a regular 6.5" Blackhawk with the regular plow handle grip. Also, every large frame Bisley was shipped with a 7.5" barrel and the part # for the 41 fluted Bisley is RB-41, not BN-42. The Bisley parts on this gun seem to have been added later. As much as it appears whoever added them did a great job, you may run into issues if the eventual buyer tries to have this gun verified by Ruger and it fails. Just an FYI, trying to help out. I own 4 of the fluted and 3 of the rollmarked 41 Bisleys and like them a lot. Again, I'm not trying to harm your sale, just offering some insight and info to help. Good luck with your sale. Shane"

"I bought the gun at auction just as it is, it seems I have all the information in the pictures needed to know what it might be. Thanks, Ed"

I too contacted the seller and explained what he was selling and he decided to modify his listing tostate that based on the box, it may well have started as a regular gripped 41. Good for him.

Onty

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
I too contacted the seller and explained what he was selling and he decided to modify his listing to state that based on the box, it may well have started as a regular gripped 41. Good for him.
Some of the sellers a total dummies. Several years ago I made unnecessary almost 3 hour trip, just to realize Mr. Dummy cannot recognize (almost bare) aluminum frame from the steel one. Also, he was selling Bisley 41 Magnum as a 44 one. As soon as I realized his level of intelligence and knowledge about firearms, I just run out of his store.

waterboy452

Bearcat
I saw a RB-41W on Gunbroker this afternoon. LNIB, if I remember right. Here is the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/629204624. Starting bid is $625. Just FYI for those here who might be interested.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
waterboy452 said:
I saw a RB-41W on Gunbroker this afternoon. LNIB, if I remember right. Here is the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/629204624. Starting bid is $625. Just FYI for those here who might be interested.
Thanks , just won it, hopefuly will be a good one ! : )

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Onty said:
Robb Barnes said:
I too contacted the seller and explained what he was selling and he decided to modify his listing to state that based on the box, it may well have started as a regular gripped 41. Good for him.
Some of the sellers a total dummies. Several years ago I made unnecessary almost 3 hour trip, just to realize Mr. Dummy cannot recognize (almost bare) aluminum frame from the steel one. Also, he was selling Bisley 41 Magnum as a 44 one. As soon as I realized his level of intelligence and knowledge about firearms, I just run out of his store.

Can go the other way as well. More than once I've picked up at GREAT prices, a model the dealer misidentified and priced it thinking it was what they had it listed at not what it really was.

I'm probably not helping you much by saying it, but I love mine. I think it shoots better than my OMB. I seriously didn't think I was going to like it but it didn't take long for me to become a Bisley fan.