Ruger M77

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kycliff

Bearcat
A friend of mine has this M77 Serial #70045xx. He asked if I could help him locate a safety the slide that moves up & back is missing. I told him I'd ask here. Thanks for any help..

Sharp Shooter

Single-Sixer
Doesn't Ruger have one? It's pretty easy to order parts straight from Ruger. Well, actually it takes a while to punch in the extention numbers and wait for a service rep if you call them on the phone. But the rear sight I ordered from them over the phone last week is already here.
Just go to their website. You can order directly from it or use the phone numbers it lists.

kycliff

Bearcat
He called Ruger & they told him they don't have any.. They connected him with some company that has them, but would not sell it him. Must be a dealer.

pete44ru

Hunter
Some parts, like a safety, are restricted to being sold/delivered only to people like gunsmiths/dealers, who are qualified to fit & install them - so no one gets hurt or killed as a result of an untrained person attempting said repair.
I would think it a huge liability concern, for a manufacturer.

kycliff

Bearcat
I understand that. He is perfectly capable & he has a part time gunsmith friend, but not a dealer...I told him he should have told her it's unsafe the way it is...That's why he needed the part. lol :wink:

kycliff

Bearcat
Well he ended up getting the part & when he had it installed, he found the stock is cracked. So know he asked if I could locate a stock for said rifle. Thanks for any info...