Ruger M77 RSI Stainless Lipsey's Special Run for 2010?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Woodsloafer

Bearcat
Any word as to whether there be another Lipsey's special run of a Ruger M77 RSI stainless model in 2010 and what caliber it will be in. I have my eye on one in 7mm-08 in a local gunshop but I do not have any other rifles in 7mm-08 and I really did not want to start buying ammo for another caliber. Thanks in advance for any info.

I would also like to find out what Lipsey's might have up their sleeve. I have a one of their RSI 250 Savage models on lay-a-way, can't wait to get it home.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
The word I got is that the RSI will be either a 7x57 or a .223. The decision has not yet been made.
The stainless/walnut Number 1 will be a .250 Savage.

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
When I got my 6.5x55 Swede the Lipsey's rep said the 7x57 was next one out...sounds like that might be at least partially true.

If the 7mm-08 is priced right, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Plenty of factory ammo around in weights up to 140 grains, and you could always duplicate the heavier 7x57 offerings by handloading. I'm partial to classic chamberings in the RSI (which is why I bought the 6.5x55 instead of the 7mm-08, which came out at the same time) but lately the 7mm-08 is impressing me as a great white tail round in it's own right, with the benefit of working in a slightly more compact action.

I knew it would be a long shot, but after the 77 RSI .250 Savage, I kinda hoped we might see one in .300 Savage. Maybe someday.