Ruger M77 RS 30/06 Flat bolt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerdczr

Blackhawk
I had a Customer offer a Ruger M77 RS ST Flat Bolt with Round top Receiver 30/06 Ser# 70-437xx this is the first ST Flat bolt that I have seen and there is not much info out there on these, all the configurations seem to match up. drilled extractor, bolt ser# matches receiver number, Stock looks right for 1970-71 sights are correct. anybody have ideas on how many of these may be out there? also has redfield base,rings and 4x scope mounted.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Don't consider myself an M77 expert, but I have owned(that's past tense) a bunch of good early ones!. Long Action Flatbolts are really uncommon, I think much rarer than Hollow Bolts. I have never seen, or heard of, a Flat Bolt ST(the Round Top). But, it is in the right serial# range to be one. My nickels worth!
Heck, I forgot- I still have one-#3! :oops:

chet15

Hawkeye
As El Numero Uno mentioned, I also don't recall anything but "R" and "RS" models in the flatbolt long action, so an ST would be something to behold! Great gun!!
All long action flatbolts are good property!!
Chet15

rugerdczr

Blackhawk
I'm haven a hard time making a deal with this Lady I bought six guns from her and this one she has second thoughts, i guess she must see how this gun is interesting to me. she also has a older Mint 357 blackhawk 5 digit that she is holding out with. chet pm sent