Ruger LCRx Front Sight Post...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OMCHamlin

Bearcat
I've had this .357 LCRx for a while, but not fired it much. So I had largely ignored the gun for a few months, but then on a whim, decided to take a few pops with it, see how she is doing with that shorter (.22, .22 WMR) height front sight. Meh, she does well enough, gee, I sure wish somebody would cater to that sight height sufficiently so as to have options beyond that crummy skunk stripe running down the sight slope. Well, lookie here, now XS sights makes their "Ember" series for the shorter height, I'll just order me one up from Joe Bob Outfitters and stick 'er on there! And I do, and then I notice that one side is really hanging off of the sight rib on the barrel, off to the right. Perplexed, I up-pinned it and carefully pried it off. Holy crap; here is what I found, here is Ruger at it's pinnacle...

Oh, and while you're looking at these pics in disbelief, know also that Ruger is mailing me a rear sight pivot pin, as on return from that same outing, I noticed (just in time, apparently!), the pin is poking halfway out! Hell, it's not even a press fit... And we're happy that they are taking over Marlin you say?

Pic: (No, that has nothing to do with the camera angle, either...)

UIGcKHN.jpg

I suppose I'll call Ruger, send them a pic or two and let them explain why it's neither their fault, nor their problem, and I'll report same back here.

contender

Ruger Guru
If you take a small level,, put it on top of the sight base, then put the gun in a small vise to hold it,, level,, THEN take a picture of the front sight cant, it would explain it better. Show that to Ruger & I'll bet they request the gun back, on their dime, and fix it.

OMCHamlin

Bearcat
snakeeyes4445 said:

I opted to skip right past the optical alignment procedure to take a picture, I think that pic pretty well covers it, it's no optical illusion at all, it really IS that mis-machined!

I will however, print off the FedEx label that Tina at Ruger sent me and get this gun off to them today, they seemed interested in seeing it...

OMCHamlin {And we're happy that they are taking over Marlin you say?}

So don't buy one. It was milled into the frame, you missed it, QC missed it. Things happen. I haven't run into a perfect company yet. Maybe you should start one.

OMCHamlin

Bearcat
Bear Paw Jack said:
OMCHamlin {And we're happy that they are taking over Marlin you say?}

So don't buy one. It was milled into the frame, you missed it, QC missed it. Things happen. I haven't run into a perfect company yet. Maybe you should start one.

Too late, already bought one, right? Listen, dry your tears, BPJ, I have plenty of Rugers that work, too, but holy cow, that's piss poor, and that's not ANY kind of optical illusion, or horsing around with camera angles. If YOU were Ruger, would YOU be proud of that? Really?
For what it's worth, they are resolving it for me to my satisfaction (I think, will update upon final resolution)

Latest posts