Ruger LCR range report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WAglockfan

Bearcat
Just bought my LCR and today was my first range trip. The recoil seemed less than a J frame's and more accurate. The lighter trigger probably is what helped my accuracy. It was therefore a lot more fun to shoot than I expected. The ammo was Federal 110 grain HP, Critical Defense 125gr HP's and some Blazer brass and PMC ball.

billccm

Bearcat
I too put my brand new LCR through 100 rounds at the range on Friday, and agree with your comments.

I am pleased with my purchase.

Have you bought a holster for this gun? If you have any advice on holsters for the LCR I would appreciate the info.

Take care, Bill

rforgy

Bearcat
I am using a blackhawk pocket and a Don Hume J.I.T Slide for belt carry. The Don Hume is for a SP101 but the fit is perfect.
IMG_0284.jpg

billccm

Bearcat
Thanks for the holster advice.

I would like to try before I buy, but most shops around here have limited stock.

I'm still happy with my LCR purchase. I just want to get a nice holster now.

Take care all, Bill

Thirty Acres

Bearcat
My dad bought a LCR with the Crimson Trace option.

We took it to the range and ran about five different loads through it ranging from WWB to Glasers to the 135 gr Gold Dots.

Total of 200 rounds.

Even with the +P loads, I do believe that the recoil was slightly less than my Smith 442.

I could not find any reason to not like this gun.

Seems to be solid as a rock.

For what it is worth, the LCR fits perfectly in the Mika that was made for my 442.

Hopefully the price will stabilize and I can get one of my own.

kris7047th

Bearcat
I dried fired a new LCR with the Crimson Trace at a local gun shop and was sold on the trigger pull compared to my S&W 638 last July. I took the LCR home and sold the S&W and have no regrets. Has anyone else noticed that the chamber falls away slightly further from the frame than S&Ws making it much easier to speed load without the interference of the grip? I was taught to hold up high on the grip to reduce recoil and it really works.
Kris

Latest posts