Ruger LCR grips... Too thick for pocket carry. Alternatives?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Roadblock

Bearcat
Like the topic asks. Factory grips are too thick for pocket carry. Thinking about buying one and I dont want to spend more money on the CT grips. Anyone make or is anyone working on slimmer grips for the LCR?

Thanks.

cpallenjr

Bearcat
I have not heard of any other grips. Shop hard, I got my LCR w/ CT grips for $589 + tax. They are well worth it!

Roadblock

Bearcat
I don't like lasers in general. I think they promote bad shooting habits and make lazy shooters.

I'd used them, I even bought a Kimber 1911 that came with a set (Pro Covert II) but I sold the grips off the gun because they seemed pointless to have if I wasnt using them.

I can get a LCR without them for $419.00 so I'm simply not interested in paying that much more just because they are a little more of a slim grip.

I was hoping someone made something else or maybe some nice wood grips.

Owell, thanks! :)

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I am working on making new wood grips for the LCR right now I am just backed up on other orders and have not gotten them completed yet. Feel free to check in with from time to time and I will try and get pics of them up as soon as I can. Steve

VictimNoMore

Bearcat
A nice pocket holster that covers the grips on the stock LCR will go a LOOOONG way towards making it invisible in your pocket.

Loose-fit jeans rule the day here.

brianr34

Bearcat
I just picked up a new LCR with stock grips today. This is my first experience with a revolver. I really like it so far. I was also concerned about the large tacky stock grips. I have only tried them on one pair of pants so far (khakis) with a Nemesis pocket holster.

I did not have any problems. I find it easy to draw the holster from my pocket. For me, the larger grips also felt better than the 442 grips.

It is amazing how light this gun is. It weighs 15.5 oz loaded. My G19 weighs 31 oz. I realize I only have 1/3 of the ammo capacity (15 vs 5) but I feel confident I will carry much more, now that I have the LCR.

I went to the range today. The LCR is really snappy compared to the G19,