Ruger LCP vs. Bersa 380 Concealed Carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallinthesaddle

Bearcat
Obviously, I feel Ruger is No. 1, but I sure like the grip on a Bersa 380 Concealed Carry. The Bersa seems a little big for a hideout concealed carry, that is another reason why I rather have the LCP. Has anyone ever compared the two or owned a 380 Bersa?
Thanks

jocko

Bearcat
Tallinthesaddle":2530z92b said:
Obviously, I feel Ruger is No. 1, but I sure like the grip on a Bersa 380 Concealed Carry. The Bersa seems a little big for a hideout concealed carry, that is another reason why I rather have the LCP. Has anyone ever compared the two or owned a 380 Bersa?
Thanks

Bersa is a darn nice gun, lcp is just a different gun altogther..

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I've owned two 380's, a Bersa and a CZ 83, both are blow back as opposed to locked breech (as the LCP). Due to the fact that they shoot a lower powered round (380) being blow back handguns really isn't an issue. The Bersa is a great little gun (as is the CZ83) and you can shoot the hell out of it, if so inclined. Their popularity has become somewhat diminished, as there are compact 9mm's that are the same size and heft (almost) but if you don't need a subcompact gun like the LCP, I would recommend a Bersa to anybody.

oldgungal

Bearcat
I have a Bersa Thunder CC. It is a great gun. No jams. very accurate. I have a P3AT too. The Bersa is in a different league than an LCP or P3AT tho. It has a grip for actual range use. Slim and trim. Bersa service with CGW's gunsmith right on Bersa Forum is great. I don't think you can go wrong with a Bersa CC. I don't think you can go wrong with a P3AT or LCP either. Buy one of each so you won't have to chose.
Hope this helps some.............

asp762

Bearcat
I have two .380's one is a Browning BDA380, and the other is a Beretta 85FS. Both are absolutly two of the finest .380's on the market. The Beretta 85FS is working its way to becoming my CCW pistol, and as soon as I can put my hands on one of the LCP's it will( as long as there are no problems with it) the BUG to the Beretta!

tgrillo

Bearcat
I have a Bersa CC and its my primary carry firearm. It a great little shooter and conceals well with a IWB holster. I have my eye out for the LCP for summer carry. Looks to conceal well in the pocket. I believe it was in this forum that there was a leather carry holster that fit on the belt and looked like a oversize cell phone holder. Now thats what I want. I own a lot of Ruger products and I was very happy to see Ruger introduce the LCP. OBTW the price for the Bersa is very reasonable!! 8)

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
The Bersa .380 guns that are on the market now are the deal of the century. I can shoot them much better than my 642. Just pray that you don't need an extra magazine for it...last I looked they were $42 + Shipping!?!

revhigh

Hawkeye
The Bersa 380 is one of the best carry guns you could have. THey are reliable and cheap. Not at all in the class of a plastic little LCP. The Bersas are designed to be shot ... alot ... with no ill effects. You can't go wrong with a Bersa 380, even the very old ones. Totally different class of gun from the LCP. Apples and oranges. If you can conceal it with the clothes that you wear, there's no reason to choose an LCP over ANY Bersa.

REV

rev, why must you continue to denigrate the LCP as a "cheap, plastic pistol"?

If the LCP is a "plastic pistol" then so are the Glocks and several of Ruger's larger semi-autos.

We all know the LCP isn't a super heavy-duty gun.

JMHO
;-)

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Ale-8, in this post Rev used the words cheap and plastic pistol but both are not referring to the LCP, at least this time :D

oldgungal, is your question, just a question? I'm not coming to Rev's defense, he doesn't need it. If you are from 'the school of you can't comment on a gun unless you actually own it', what's a forum for then?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":twza6d9l said:
rev, why must you continue to denigrate the LCP as a "cheap, plastic pistol"?

If the LCP is a "plastic pistol" then so are the Glocks and several of Ruger's larger semi-autos.

We all know the LCP isn't a super heavy-duty gun.

JMHO
;-)

Ale,

I never used the word 'cheap' referring to the LCP, YOU DID. I said little plactic pistol. Was I wrong ? Is it not a little plastic pistol ???

Of course glocks are plastic, I just bought one ... so what ??

Are you telling me that you'd RATHER have an LCP than a Bersa 380 if concealment was not an issue ???

Geez dude, don't be so defensive.

By the way, what the hell do you mean 'continue' ?? I don't remember making one post about this gun that denigrated it. What's up with you ??

When I said it wasn't in the same class as the LCP I meant it's not an ultrasubcompact pocket pistol. The same way a shotgun isn't in the same class as a 1911.

REV

SS_SR9

Bearcat
I own a KT P3AT as well as a Bersa Thunder 380 CC and a regular Bersa Thunder 380(PPK clone). The KT is almost exactly the same dimensions as a LCP. I have a Guru pocket holster, http://www.pocketholsters.com/Ruger_LCP ... et_ho.html , and carry my P3AT 24/7 in front pocket, cover panel out so it appears as a wallet. I agree that the Bersa and LCP are two different animals but they excel where they are intended to serve. The LCP is a sub-ten ounce mouse gun that is perfect for a pocket pistol. The Bersa is larger and heavier, all metal shooter that will outlast the LCP by virtue of its more rugged construction. The Bersa works well IWB or OWB and even in a coat pocket in a Nemesis pocket holster. The Bersa is probably the best value in a 380 I have found and also VERY accurate for its small size. The LCP is however half the size and weight.
I guess you need to decide what mode of carry best fits your needs.

revhigh

Hawkeye
oldgungal":31kdwvqq said:
revhigh,
do you own a Bersa 380?

No, but I own an FEG PA63 and a CZ82, both in 9X18, and both VERY similar in size and performance to the Bersa. I've shot probably 4 different Bersas from 15 year old ones to the current Thunder 380's, all in the last year.

I see you own one, so you probably agree with my comments I would imagine.

REV

Rev, I maintain that you used the word "plastic" to describe the LCP in a denigrating manner when comparing it to the Bersa. You did not, in fact, apply "cheap" to it, and I apologize for that. I know nothing about the Bersa so I cannot comment on its quality, size, or handling characteristics.

If concealment were not an issue, my Glock 26 would serve nicely . . . actually it's not too bad from a concealment standpoint. If concealment were the ONLY issue, I'd probably go for the LCP assuming I liked its handling and performance which I haven't yet had the chance to try.

You are correct, my "continue" comment was in error and I apologize for that . . . it was totally undeserved.

You might reflect a little on that "defensive" comment, though.

;-)

revhigh

Hawkeye
Hey Ale,

We're cool ... wasn't denigrating the LCP though, just comparing it to the Bersa. Love the G26, despite the fact that it's a little plastic gun. :D

REV

fallujah

Bearcat
i guess the main reason why you would choose an LCP is its small size and light weight, which makes it easy to carry, concealed.

insofar as the bersa is concerned, i don't own one but practically everone who does own 1 is perfectly satisfied, especially with its accuracy and reliability. Ive inspected several bersas at a local gun shop and they are about as large as an overgrown walther PPK.

which do you value more for CC? Lightweight and compactness or accuracy and more rounds?

Rat76

Single-Sixer
Rev in the interests of accuracy you did not say "little plastic pistol".

revhigh":1e6yfmul said:
The Bersa 380 is one of the best carry guns you could have. THey are reliable and cheap. Not at all in the class of a plastic little LCP. .....REV

You said "plastic little LCP". Is there a non-plastic "little LCP". For that matter "little LCP" is kind of redundant don't you think?

:wink:

Just messing with you. I'm feeling onery today. FWIW I didn't read denigration in your post. Plastic is not a term of disrespect. It is a description of the material of construction. For a CCW it is my material of choice. For a range toy, not so much.

Take care guys & try not to take this LCP stuff too seriously. It's just a plastic little pistol. :lol:

Latest posts