RUGER LCP TRIGGER FAILURE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RBA

Bearcat
Hi, I recently bought an LCP after looking at and firing a variety of 380's. I almost bought (wish I had) the new Diamondback 380 but decided not to because it was unproven. After putting about 30 rounds of a a variety of 380 ammo through the new gun the trigger failed to reset. No Click nada. When we removed the slide we could see part of spring from the trigger mechanism protruding. Turns out the trigger pin that hold the spring is busted. WTF! 30 rounds (plus or minus) straight out of the box and its a paper weight. Looking back at the archives I can see there was an old thread about the same failure. Did Ruger ever address this issue? You have to wonder how many of these failures never get reported in forums like this.
SN is 372-50969. If anyone has any info regarding these failures please let me know. I do not have the warm fuzzies and will probably move on to a Kahr p380 or PM9. Price had nothing to do with selection, but now I am really wondering about quality of parts.

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
Contact customer service at Ruger and I'm sure they will take care of you. Don't give up on a great little pocket gun. I've had mine for over a year and no issues (except for the recall, which was handled very quickly and professionally).

They will probably send you a shipping box to return it and fix it pretty quick and ship it back. It should only take a week or 2. I realize when you purchase a new gun and want to shoot it's discouraging when something like this happens; but everything in life is prone to break. Ruger customer service is one of the best to deal with!

cas6969

Buckeye
Local board member bought a Diamondback 380. Had to return before the first box of ammo was finished.

RBA

Bearcat
Oh well, I feel a little better hearing the Diamondback had issues too. The Diamondback felt great. Same size as the LCP but better ergo-dynamics, trigger and sites IMHO. Wnet wit the LCP based on rep. I sent the LCP back too Ruger via the dealer who sold me the gun. Tropical Firearms in Fort Lauderdale has good customer service. Unless Ruger can give me some feedback about this failure I am always going to wonder if the next time I pull the trigger nothing will happen. Not a good feeling for a CC. My friend has put a lot of rounds through his with no problem. Accuracy on LCP is outstanding once you get used to long trigger pull.